• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Scott Steil

It is that time!!

Scott Steil

Yes it is that time again. With my first tournament 3 weeks away it is time to go through the old routine... Pull the boat out, dust off the summer tackle, take inventory and make a list. As always I start with the jigs. Probably because some of my favorite fishing is early spring jig fishing on the river.

If you are like me you have a tackle box that is so heavy it doesn't get moved often. Yes, I am one of those guys that wants to have every color of every size of jig there is. For this exact reason I use Scenic Tackle Jigs, great colors and great paint. Jeff at Scenic Tackle makes every type and size of jig I need. The best part about these jigs is the paint actually stays on the jig, where it belongs. I have used a lot of different jigs over the years and can honestly say, Jeff is doing something right! His paint is the best.

I heard a rumor that Scenic Tackle has some new and exciting products for 2003 and I am anxious to see them. Jeff, if you see this post maybe you could fill us all in. You can check out some of Scenic Tackle's products on this site under the "gear" section or at www.scenictackle.com

Has anyone else been guilty of taking "tackle inventory" already? I think I have been through my stuff about 6 times now!

Jim W

Guilty as charged!!!

I know for me jigs are at a low, but my main concern is a large enough collection of plastics!!!
Early season river fish seem to really dig them there plastics!!

Jim W

PS> I want in on some of that Scenic Tackle!!!!

Scott, did you get your new boat yet? When you bringing her up my way? wink.gif

I've started to go through stuff. I just purchased a ton of tackle from a local sports place that went out of business. Everything 40% off and I really broke the piggy bank loading up on stuff.

Now it's time to order new tackle boxes and start fresh.

So, Jeff, what do have up your sleeve for a new tackle line up?? Large topwaters, possibly? smile.gif

Scott Steil

I pick up the new Boat Tuesday, can you tell I am excited?? I can't sleep at night, this is getting bad.

Oh, that reminds me Jim, I suppose I could sort all my plastics again. That will give me something else to do until Tuesday grin.gif

Scott Steil

Dean, shoot me an email sometime when you get a chance. I had a couple questions for you. Thanks

Steil@meltel.net

Guilty! Fleet Farm is my home-improvement store of choice now; get some paint...and some jigs. Get some poly...and some swivels. get some lumber...and a plug.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Skeets

Always remember:
"If you can't find it at Fleet Farm, you really don't need it!" grin.gif

Opie

Yeah Scott, I'm quilty also. Been going through tackle, taking inventory on what needs replacing and what needs to go, also deciding on what new tactic to really try to improve my skills on this year.

If I don't see you before the MTT, good luck at Red Wing and enjoy that new boat. (I already know you are going to love it).

Dean Thorn

delmuts

we don't have a fleet farm around here ! thank God for the bass Pro catalog !! i sorted all of my fishing stuff at Christmas time.( after i cleaned and lubricated the reels) got a few new lures , couple of new rods and my son bought a new rod and reel. waiting to see how the new quantum pt stands up . still shopping for a different boat. del

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      The Great Lakes Compact Council and the Great Lakes Regional Body are seeking public feedback on draft updates to the procedures for reviewing requests to divert water from the Great Lakes Basin. The compact is federal law that governs the use of water in the Great Lakes watershed. The compact council and regional body are accepting comments through June 21, at 4:30 p.m.  Under the compact, diversions of water out of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River Basin are generally prohibited. However, the compact identifies limited circumstances under which diversion may be allowed. In some instances, before a diversion proposal can be approved, it must undergo review by the regional body and may require approval by the compact council. The draft updates are strictly procedural and would not modify the compact’s basic terms. The compact council is composed of the governors of the eight states that border the Great Lakes. The regional body includes the eight governors on the council plus the premiers of Ontario and Quebec. The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is Gov. Mark Dayton’s delegate to both groups and provides data and water management expertise to assist implementing the compact. The effort to refine the procedures under the compact follows the states’ and provinces’ first experience reviewing a diversion request under the agreement. Reflecting on that experience and feedback from stakeholder groups, the states and provinces concluded that some aspects of the procedures should be clarified or refined. Following discussions with key stakeholders and tribal interests, the states and provinces developed the draft updates that were released for public review May 22. The updates include these changes: Expands opportunities for the public to participate at hearings and public meetings. Acknowledges the special status of First Nations and federally recognized Tribes through separate meetings with them and granting standing to contest compact council decisions. Identifies circumstances under which an additional public comment period would be offered between issuance of the regional body’s declaration of finding and the compact council’s final decision. Essentially, if the compact council views the regional body’s modifications to the applicant’s diversion proposal as substantial, the council would take public comment prior to making its final decision. The existing public comment opportunity prior to the regional body’s deliberations would remain. After considering public input received by June 21, the regional body will revise the draft procedural updates this summer. The compact council will then consider the updates and decide whether some or all of them should be adopted through rulemaking. The draft updates are available at www.glslcompactcouncil.org/PUT-DraftUpdates.aspx. This website includes instructions for sharing feedback. The public input process includes an in-person opportunity to share feedback in Duluth on June 21 at Fitger’s Inn at 10:30 a.m. Documents are also available on the regional body website. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Spss
      I'm camping out on echo lake next week. Any tips or fishing info would be great.
    • brrrr
      explore with a shallow water boat, there are a few big boulders in there,and lots of gravel bars.   
    • Getanet
      It sure is.  I know you can camp on Kabetogama, Rainy, Namakan and Sandpoint through the National Park Service. For someone who's never been (or only once) do you guys recommend one lake over the others?  Sort of the "if you can only visit one lake, make sure its ______"
    • TheEyesofanAngler
      it actually was renamed from my understanding, but its easier for me to go with the old name.. i definitely would want to head out there. Thanks wanderer for the feedback. might've been the push i needed to go wet the lines next week. 
    • Satchmo
      Getanet, Most folks the first week or so did very well on the west end this year. It is a huge area with a lot of structure options. There are weed beds, sand flats, rubble shorelines, and creek inlets, just to name a few.The 5-15ft depths brought a lot of fish too big to keep. The keepers were in the 15-25ft range.  Evening movements can bring all sizes of fish shallow. This year, minnows were definitely the bait of choice. It's all about location, location, location. In general the best approach is to run and gun. Stay no more than 10-15 minutes in a spot, and then move to then next.  If the fish are there, they  are generally active. Stick with, and sooner or later, you'll get rewarded.  VNP really is an amazing place.
    • eyeguy 54
      pink and white usually rocks as does white.   yesturday I took the grandkids out and the gulp alive emerald shiner made lots of smiles. 
    • Neutz68
      Nope...   320er...   Thanks for the info.. 
    • fish_time
      I had an absolutely beautiful day on the water. The crappies I caught were over 12" . I personally have to say pink and white, and white on pink is the way to go for spring crappies. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/o19q4K1urBE  
    • Getanet
      Where the heck was this advice a month ago when I was booking our trip!  I knew nothing about Kabotegama and really only had a few choices of campsites available for the dates we wanted to go. Wood Duck Island looked as good as any. After I made the reservation I had read that the west end of the lake had better fishing earlier in the year since it was shallower than the east and the water warmed up quicker. Goes to show you can't trust everything you read on the internet. Even though we got skunked on walleye it was still one of our favorite trips. My buddy and I typically stay at a resort or one of our family's cabins. Camping got us outside doing stuff a lot more. If we had a roof over our head and a TV we would have spent a lot less time fishing when the weather stunk.