• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

great new topic 2

jigglestick

man that last one really took off. lets try this how about your favorite outdoor smell.
i just love the smell of a campfire. it's almost instinctive, the effect it has. would a t bone on the grill count?

Bacon and coffee, on that cold morning just before heading out to the blind.....

To paraphrase Robert Duval in Appocolypse Now....God I love the smell of 2 cycle in the morning!!

Best ones...
Smell of a frosty Fall Morning...opening day of Deer Season
A shore lunch cooked up on a secluded lake in Canada
The smell of a blackpowder flintlock being shot

Not so good ones...

Lutefisk, a half hour after you ate it

The air in a sleeper hut in the morning before you start the coffee

The 5 gal. bucket of fish guts you forgot about 5 days ago in the summer

Fresh coffee brewing anywhere...

or frying bacon...

or frying fish....

or the damp, earthy smell as you head to your deerstand early in the morning.

I don't smell very good...Well I mean I can't smell very good. Some people smell really bad...(Clear out the fishhouse bad). Its never that bad if its yours...admit it...You like the way you smell! fart.gif

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

the smell of anything after leaving the cities

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!

Spent gunpowder on a cool morning.

The smell of football in the air on a brisk fall day.

The smell of a fresh rainfall.

The scent of earth in the air following a field impliment on the farm.

The smell of grain harvest on a fall evening.

A faint smell of coffee in the house in the morning- reminding me of my grandma and grandpa.

Believe it or not, smell is the sense most closely intertwined with our memories. It's not hard for these smells we're rattling off to prime a whole lot of really fond days and times.
Scoot

The smell of fallen leaves on a cool fall day.

Oh yes.. and DEFIANTLY frying fish

yeah, the smell of my grandma's house(rest her soul). i can smell it as if i was there.
i know not outdoorsy

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!

The smell of pines and cedars when you get up nort'. Followed closley by the smell of someone starting that morning campfire to stir you out of the tent.

A fine film and an accurate reference:

"Scent of a Woman."

There is new research (seriously) that suggests relatives smell less desirable than non-relatives, and researchers suggest it is perhaps a practical measure to reduce incest. I'm not making this up.

this is like taking a trip and never leaving the farm. sniff...ahhhh

the smell of burning leaves in the fall (where permitted)

a nice walk on a winter evening and the smell of the birch wood buring in someones fireplace

Have you ever noticed that most fish smell pretty much alike except for walleyes? I love the smell of fresh caught walleyes, it's absolutely unique!

Best smell? My first inhale in the morning when I awake to the smells of a new day and life ... un-describable grin.gif

BB-LDF

Although often the first face of the new day is that of my yellow-lab “Bro” as he sticks that cold-nose in my face to wake me up smile.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The smell of 2 cycle exhaust

The smell of burnt gunpowder

and the smell of and apple orchard in full bloom.

The smell of beer suds after a good or bad day of hunting and fishing!