• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

explosive topwater strike!

Cyberfish

I was throwing a power grub and jig for anything that would bite and got into some smallmouth bass. After getting a couple on the grub, I tied on a chug bug, hopeing to get some topwater action. First cast to a patch of weeds brought out one of the biggest topwater strikes I have seen in a while. I set the hook, ready to do battle with a huge smallie, only to feel dead weight as I started to reel in. I thought mabye it got away in the weeds or something. I reeled in only to find about a 20 inch walleye, with the plug wedged in its mouth so it could not shut its jaws. After I removed the hooks, it started to put up a good fight, spilling a tackle box and disconnecting the fuel line from the tank.

That is beautiful!!!!!

It almost brings tears to my eyes!!!!

Chalk one more up for Mr. Walldog!!!!!!

What fun!!!!

Jim W

Cyberfish-Knowing you, your'e tackle was probably alread half spread out all over the boat and your fuel line was already disconnected. I can't wait another story I get to here about 15 thousand times. I hope you don't see my post before Sun. I want to hear the story at least 5 times by then.

What Lake were you on? I assume this was while you were at camp this week. At least tell us if it was up at Lutherdell or at the cabin out on highway 12. BY THE WAY, what's with referring to a 20" walleye as "dead weight on the end of the line"?

We'll I only heard the story 3 times, but I wasn't around Cyb for every second after our tournament during the prime time for story telling.

As for GEM EYE GUY, a top water strike and any kind of fight is just two much for that pea sized eye brain to do in short order. Kind of like walking and chewing gum at the same time.
They may be gold on the outside, but I assure you that they are all blonde on the inside.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

What timing,
check the Topwater story by Adam Johnson on the home page out.

http://fishingmn.com

Should be great topwater fishing for the next couple of months and is it a blast!!!