• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

muskieman????

wazz

Hey I'm up on your end of the lake and will be this weekend, out of Bucks, I will be taking my mom she hasn't been fishing for maybe 20 years and dosen't get around very good around. I have a couple of questions, first what do you expect to happen this weekend as far as fishing goes. And second need to have her catch some fish what would be your plan of attack????
Thanks
WAZZ

------------------

If you look at the live leader board on walleye central you will see that the PWT was a very tough bite today as far as slots go. This weather pattern that is staying over Minnesota will make for a slower bite into the weekend. I expect a much better bite Sunday and Monday. I usually do the best with 3 days of stable weather and a front coming. You will probably have the best bite from 7pm to 10pm slipbobbering the rocks. During the day head for the sand in the Carlsona to Malmo Bay area and fish 13 feet of water. Use a #6 hook with bead and a 6 foot snell with leech. Keep making adjustments till you find what they want. Keep in mind this is just my opinion. Since I usually guide 6 people I have the edge since I will have something different on each persons line to find the hot ticket quicker. If the sand does not produce for you go to the rocks and slipbobber during the day. Good luck!

------------------
Castaways Charters
Mille Lacs Lake Guides
CastawaysCharters.com
Phone: (320) 684-2886

Thanks for the info muskieman, thats pretty much what I had in mind. Just trying to pck your brain a little.
I never have to much info, just never enough time to try it all. I will let you know how it goes..
WAZZ

------------------

muskiman, how has the fishing been the last two days over by Agete(sp?) bay area. I am staying there this weekend and hope to get in atleast two solid days of fishing. Traveling around the lake wont be a problem unless the rollers are really rollin.
Thanks, Benny

I have a great respect for Dean at Agate Bay, talk to him or Renee when you arrive. They will tell you where, how, and when. The bite should be very good on Agate Bay Reef. I normally fish 3/4 of the way out and fish off reef in 17 feet. Most like to fish on top. Don't hang out in one spot too long. Pull anchor and move around. One little tip is we found ice jigs seemed to work better then a plain hook on Agate. Good luck!

------------------
Castaways Charters
Mille Lacs Lake Guides
CastawaysCharters.com

muskieman, I went out on Saturday morning to Agate reef, did fair as the rain was a downer.Went back out there in the evening and caught 4-12to 14 in walleye all went back of coarse.Sunday morning and afternoon we went to Carslona sand flat as you suggested, we caught two 23 inchers 4 14 inchers no keepers. But it was fun to catch those big ones and see all eyes on ya as you fuaght them in.We did not get to bring any home as Monday morning was nonproductive for us and we had to clean up the room and get out by 11.00AM.Well we booked for next year, same time same place and will try to get up later this year also. Thanks for the tips, good luck and talk to you next time I get a chance to go up.
Benny

The sand bite produced many over 28 inchers in the Carlsona area. Boat traffic was fairly heavy. I made 2 trips to the mud and caught some really nice fish. Blue Jug was the only crowded flat. I made one drift there and saw no nets, so I left. We caught some nice slots along with alot over 20's on the mud. Everyone I talked to caught fish. What great weather! I love living on Mille Lacs!

------------------
Castaways Charters
Mille Lacs Lake Guides
CastawaysCharters.com

hey muskieman,
my mom and I did very well this weekend, crawlers put bigger fish in the boat then leaches. We started out following the crowd, but soon we were looking for a little peace. So we headed out to a boatless flat and caught plenty of fun. No keepers, come nighttime we moved in (don't want to spend my time limit on running) so we tried Windmill after some tinkering with colors and hooks we got'em. On sat. nite we must have caught 30 fish between 8:30 and 9:45
and they were still going when we had to leave. Alot of 14" to 15 1/2"
but so what mom had fun. And we where able to keep 9 fish..
I WISH I LIVED ON MILLE LACS. Thats alright I be this weekend.
Did the Mayflies go away?
What do you expect for this weekend?
What channel do you use?
Thanks Muskiman and mom thanks you..
WAZZ

------------------

Wazz; I am glad you had a great time with your mom. Nothing better then sitting on Mille Lacs watching the beautiful sunset with friends and family. I have great memories with my dad who I lost this winter to cancer. He loved Mille Lacs. He taught me many things about fishing. He always wanted to bring his Lake Superior boat here and try new methods. It is totally equipped including electric downriggers and a sweet little kicker that moves it at a very slow speed. My mom gave it to me and I took it out for the first time Monday. His non-traditional methods will be tested this summer and I doubt if Mille Lacs walleyes have seen some of the hundreds of lures he gave me. It took my friends and I over 8 hours to sort them. My greatest moment with Pops is winning a Muskie tournament on Mille Lacs by 14 feet over 2nd place in a total inch tournament. Now to answer your questions about mayflies, they are going to ALOT worse. As far as the bite this week-end, after looking at the weather pattern I predict a MAJOR bite. This could be one of the best week-ends to be on Mille Lacs! Enjoy your time on Mille Lacs with your mom. Catching a fish is a bonus!

------------------
Castaways Charters
Mille Lacs Lake Guides
CastawaysCharters.com

[This message has been edited by muskieman (edited 05-29-2001).]

Sorry to hear about your dad Muskieman. At least you have fond memories of your pops. Some people never get know there dads for whatever reason.
Was that you and your new boat that pulled ino Bucks harbor this past weekend? It was a huge white boat with the rigging for Superior, it sure caught everyones attention.
Another question for you, if you know, I was fishing windmill this weekend, now I know there are weeds in that area, when do they generally show up?
I check this site everyday, I leave friday mornings for the lake. Do you expect the same pattern for awhile?
See ya
WAZZ

------------------

Wazz; I am not familiar with windmill. In fact I have never heard of it. Maybe someone else can answer your question. Good luck fishing this week-end, it should be a great bite!

------------------
Castaways Charters
Mille Lacs Lake Guides
CastawaysCharters.com