• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gander Mountain

Lost

They have a table full of small Shad Raps (floating, sinking, and suspending) on clearance. The sign said something about a manufacturers discontinued item clearance sale.

The big store in Forest Lake has some awesome deals on their clearance tables. Nice store too. Has almost everything you would want.

Gander is coming to Mankato! I'm very pumped! It's going to be a big store too. They are taking over one of the new K'mart buildings that went out of business a few years ago. Now I don't have to drive an hour to get to a big store!

~piker

I went to the new one in Forest Lake. Nice store. I'm probably going to head up there today to take my time looking around. Last time I was in a hurry and it was close to closing time. My girlfriend's kid was extremely excited about the 4 wheelers. I knew where to find him while I was grabbing what I needed.

Arbuck I don't know the exact date, but they are just about finished with the exterior. I'm guessing within the next month or so.

~piker

Sounds like Fargo is opening next weekend. HELP...it's only a block from where I work! Well, time to get out and start building the new shed!

It's on the south side of I-94, accessible from the 45th Ave. exit (Flying J, McDonalds, Tesoro on the north side).

Either the gander mountain in Mankato isnt totally finished on the exterior or they only rented out (bought w/e) 1/2 of the K-Mart builing.
The reason I say that is b/c on the out side they have the entry way and a green border around the outside...well the border stops 1/2 down the front side of the builing. But the building is still going to be pretty big.

But either way im pumped also, finally a store close to home that will supply me with some solid fishing gear! I take it, the store should be open just in time for the hard water season. That will be nice! grin.gif

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

your asumtion is right they only are using some of the building.
but, that doesn't matter there will finally be sales at scheels and local stores because of the GM store. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by set the drag (edited 09-16-2004).]

Just picked up a Quantim Icon 10 spinning reel for $29.95. Yeah, it's a small one for my ultra-light. Nice price drop though!

• 2 weeks later...

i live in mankato an the gander mountian is awsome weve need a store like this for a long time theres tons of fishing stuff something thats been hard to find around here

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been out to Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake, MN? They have had new owners since February and have greatly expanded their inventory and can meet or beat alot of Gander Mtn's prices, plus you deal with someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to fishing. Their ice fishing selection is enormous and carry all sorts of rods, reels, augers, ice houses, electronics and tons of tackle.

It's about time they put a bigger/better store in Woodbury! The one they have now is so dinky/cramped! Hopefully it's a nice big one like Forest Lake/Lakeville! I'll only be about 2 minutes from new store grin.gif

gander is having a sale on blaze orange clothing 50% off got some coveralls for $30 bucks!

The Fridley location has the Berkley line stripper/hook sharpener combo for $2.95... nice clearance price. Down from $9.95.

Glad to hear that Gander Mountain is upgrading in Woodbury, they need a bigger store.

BigMike - you and I must practically be neighbors as am only a few minutes from the new GM store as well. I live off of Fox Run Road.

Philo, I live just east of the Woodbury Dr & Valley Creek Rd. intersection. I know there are a handful of FM'ers from Woodbury because I've seen several people post about Woodbury, I'm just not sure who... confused.gif LOL

I just moved to Woodbury from the mpls side of town and I'm still trying to find some good waters on the east side...

cjac - sounds good to me. Drop me an email sometime. I used to fish the mpls chain and the river from Pool 2 up to Monti... come to think of it, I'm still fishing up there grin.gif- just a longer drive mad.gif

I hear ya Walleyman1212!

Is Gander mtn a sponser for this Site?

Don't forget to support you local bait stores guys. These guys and gals are local business owners that need or business more than corporate big wigs.

Gander pays the checks to an awful lot of your friends and neighbors who frequent this site as well..........

/still can't quite figure out how big companies are assumed villianous.

Big Mike, live just south of you in CG, we get some decent ice we'll have to go give it a shot. Fish the St Croix ,South Center and some others.

I don't thinks he is saying anything bad about big business. What would happen if your local bait store goes out of business. Where would you then buy bait, Gander Moutain, Fleet Farm, ect. Ya they have good deals now and again, but they also have alot of loss leaders to get you into the store. If you have to pay $5.00 more at your local bait store isn't the info they give on the latest fishing report worth that. With all the phone calls the bait shop have with alot of you fishermen asking quiestion how is the bite, what are they using ect. Isn't it worth spending a little more money so we can still make these phone calls? Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited the GM store in Mankato tonite. Very impressed with their selection, except their goofy checkout system. I did happen to notice, not singling out GM here, as I'm sure it happens at other stores, but I was checking out their 40% off hunting clothing. They had a blaze orange hunting coat with a 40% off sign on the top of the display. I looked at the tag and it was marked 64.99 but under that tag another said 49.99. It wasn't just one coat, I checked them all.