• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishingkid78

Netting

fishingkid78

Did anyone see the rough fish netting in prescott yesterday? My friend saw it and took alot of pictures. It is amazing the amount of carp and buffalo they got. they also netted and released many walleye the biggest I heard was 12 pounds. Also several muskies.

What the heck do they do with all of these rough fish? Filet O Fish? I hope not.

fishingkid78

They bring them out east. i guess they love them out there

walleyehawk

School lunch fish sticks.

Yum.

Hey, just be glad someone is taking them out of the river before they can spawn this year. A few less rough fish never hurts a fishery.

I just hope they did not find any of those Asian carp!

Guido

Funny you mention the filet o fish

I heard that is exactly what they use in southern minnesota for the sandwhich...carp

JJB

Thats what they do!
Big buck out east.They also net on long lake up on 694.You can watch them fill the trucks right there at the lake.I cannot think of the name of the store but it was right on the side of the trucks.They filled 3 trucks and left? all carp yummy

Steve-O

McDonald's is the largest purchaser of carp in the United States. That's a fact.

riverdancer

My hubby heard that they were still netting this week. Has anyone heard anything?

------------------
****riverdancer****

duane

you guys should see them pull lakes in the middle of winter through the ice im from waterville and there are some people there that do it for a living.they pull at first ice they drop trucks through the ice all the time,cut holes in ice on shore and pulls the trucks out.

codeman

I was lucky enough a few years back to drive by the river near Prescott as it was being netted. I stopped and talked to the guys sorting the fish. There a couple of tankers there also. They told me that the rough fish were being transported to New York. I didn't see many game fish as they were sorting through them. A asked one of the guys if they label the filets as walleye and charge the New Yorker's 10 bucks a pound and he just giggled. I never did get an answer form him. It was a neat experience as the net was being drawn toward shore. Lots and lots of bottom feeders fighting to get out. Somebody's eatin' good in the Big Apple.