• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mistermom

St Croix Bluffs Regional Park

mistermom

Hey All!
Does anybody ever attempt to ice fish here? I'm trying to remember; but I think Bodyman said he has gone out around here. Just curious if anyone has and if they had any luck. Thanks!

mm

Bodyman

MM, The spot I used to fish was down from the Afton state park. It was a great spot and I wished I had more time to explore it when I lived in Hudson. If you do a search you can find the past posts with what info I have on it. If you want to have a spot to yourself, that would be the place. Not many like that in the Metro area. Pack light and take a shot at it. I'm sure if you put in the time down there it would be well worth it. Good luck.

Fishing is Life.

mistermom

Thanks Bodyman!
I remember now what we were talking about last year and I checked out the old thread.....

I'm still real curious about right by Bluffs Park. There seems to be a decent looking point going out that drops to about 40' right by the swim beach.

If I get the chance I'm gonna check it out. If its any good it would be nice because it wouldn't be much of a hike. Up by Afton is a hike and a half! Later.

mm

mistermom

Hey Walleyefanatic!
Was there others around or evidence of people fishing there? It sure looks like a worthwhile spot on the map (which means nothing). I'm definetly gonna get down there in the next week or two. Thanks for the info and good Luck!

mm

walleyefanatic

I've been down to that very spot you're talking about a few times in the past 2 weeks and I have yet to get bit. I've marked a few fish but nothing wants to bite. There's a pretty good size pressure ridge not far from where I drilled my holes which was a little freaky because I was standing on less than 5" of ice. There's a "road closed" sign at the top of the hill and it's pretty ice going down to the launch but it's no problem if you have 4 wheel drive. A county patrol followed me down to the launch on Sunday and he had no problem with me going around the sign.

JJB

I went down there a few times last year and fished the mn side just north of the beach with no luck.That same pressure ridge was out there last year and it was a pretty nasty one right over the point out from the park(kept me from fishing the point).I dont think them walleyes have been hitting to good out in that deep water yet but who know I havent been catching any eyes lately.I will be down there next month and am going over to the wi side to see if it changes anything.Let us know how it goes.

walleyefanatic

I didn't do a lot of exploring mainly because of the thickness of the ice and the pressure ridge but I think I was the first on to pop holes in this area. I tried a little bit of everything without even a nibble. Let me know if you're heading down there, wouldn't mind seeing and old familiar face and talking smart.