• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little help!

ATM

I am taking my boss and his fiance for there first trip to the st croix. His fiance is calling in sick to go. I have fished the river often between hudson and stillwater. Are there any areas in this area that are going better than others. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey I went out and fished the Croix on Wisconsin's opener... Fishing was pretty slow everywhere I went. I had a little luck on Saugers when I threw bright jigheads with fatheads on them at any of the many islands and slowly jigged it back to the boat. Good luck to you, and let me know how you did!

I've had great success with catching 15 - 38 walleyes a day recently in the "area" of Hudson. Go early, go natural, try leeches & crawlers. Hopefully they're still there & biting...

Good luck !

Thanks for the help! I made it out on tuesday we trolled fatheads on spinner rigs from 7am till about 2pm caught lots of small sauger, two eyes around 16 inches, also quite a few white bass those things hit hard. switched to cranks for a while to try to keep the sheephead off the line for a while but could only muster up one sauger on cranks. Also got several nice smallmouth. It was my fishing partners first trip on the st. croix I think he had a good time. and man were those walleye fillets good.