• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rosspj59

looking for slabs

rosspj59

I realize walleyes are biting, but I would like to find some slabs. Last friday I caught one 12 1/2 " crappie in the north end of anderson bay. Saw two other small ones caught from shore there too. Also 3 sheephead. Anybody else fish for them at all last weekend. I have only fished the stillwater to the catfish bar south of hudson area very much. There's just something about crappies that I love. Do I just have to wait till the water gets warmer or what?

G_man

Are there any good crappie areas between the Kinnicinic and Prescott?

Mr Special

I've caught them while walleye fishing at the mouth of the Kinnicinic. Of all the crappies that I've caught on the St. Croix, they have all been slabs, better than 10". Most I see are around the 11"-13" range.

crappie getter

I haven't been able to find the spawning grounds yet. But we do catch alot of crappies during the summer around docks and marinas. Always check docks over or near deep water breaks. I would be checking the bays and marinas now in 6' or less.

good luck.

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
arndts@tcq.net
St. Croix River