• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

fishing the St Croix

I'm new to Minnesota and I would like to do some fishing here. I live in Minneapolis, so I was thinking about fishing the St. Croix river for Walleye, bass, and panfish. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I also would like advice on where boat ramps are on the St. Croix.

Jim W

I recommend giving Turk a call and spending
at least a half day on the water with him so you can learn a few spots etc. He knows the Croix real well!!! Jim W

Steve-O

Hire Turk. He's your only hope.
May the Force be with you!!
Seriously, I've fished with him 3 times and had a blast. Ate some yummy walldads and saugers. The education on the river is worth the price of admission.

Rick

Hey Turk,
ya out there. Sonjamike could use some of your advice.

Anyone else here to help?

Bodyman

sonjamike. Turk seems real busy these days. The fish must be biting. smile.gif I just got started fishing the St Croix myself. Got some good advice from Turk. First you should get yourself a good map of the river. I got a hot spots map for the lower St Croix and there is one avalible for the upper also. They show the boat ramps.I used the one at StCroix regional park south of Afton. It's a nice ramp,but like all the ramps on the Croix very busy on the weekends. I had good luck fishing by the mouth of the Kinni, the channel narrows there and alot of stucture. Whatever your fishing for the StCroix has it.I've caught Walleye, Sauger, Northern, Smallmouth, Crappie and Catfish and of course sheephead and carp. I mainly fish for eyes and sauger with a jig and minnow or leech. Slow drifts over different depths and structure to find them works good for me. There's also a good bite on cranks, trolling or casting and that's something I'm looking to do more of this summer and fall. I'm really looking forward to the fall fishing when the pleasure boats park it for the winter. Give it a try you won't be sorry and keep an eye on this site Turk always comes thru with good reports on the bite, what depth and what their hitting on. Good Luck and
Good Fishing.