• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Got my new fishing license today, trout stamp cost $8.50 but had to pay an extra two bucks to actually get the stamp.

I have saved and collected trout stamps for many years, so I still wanted it, but I am curious to know why the extra $$$. I don't mind paying if it is going to help the resource, But I not sure where my $$$ is going, anyone out there know?

I inquired to some people who are "in the know" on this one. Apparently the extra $2 goes towards administrative cost involved with the actual mailing of the stamp. The extra $2 DOES NOT in any way go back into the trout fishing resource - as does you $8.50 that goes directly towards trout related items.

If you ask me, it's another case of beaureuacratic mismanagement. License sellers get to charge an additional $1 anyway for issuing the license - why now the extra $2? Why not have the stamps on hand at the license dealer like in days of old and hand them out, as well as having it printed on the license??

How about just adding sportsman license information to your drivers license? Mr DNR finds you fishing, scans the barcode on your drivers license and finds out that your fishing license is paid in full.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

Lew - that makes too much sense. I'm still perturbed about having to shell out an additional $2. I'd gladly pay $10.50 - not $8.50 if they just handed over the stamp when I bought my license. If it's more money they want, then they should ask for it. I'd fork out another $2 considering the mileage I get out of my license and stamp.