• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

DARK30

WELL I THINK THIS WEEKEND I'LL GO DOWN TO PRESTON ONE MORE TIME TO CLOSE UP CAMP. I WILL HAVE TO GET SOME CASTING IN THOUGH....MAYBE THE MAIN BRANCH EAST OF LANESBORO FOR SMALLIES, EYES, CATS, OR MAYBE A BONUS BROWN.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW THE WATER LOOKS AROUND LANESBORO AND DOWNSTREAM?
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Sarge

Dark, can't really tell you about Lanesboro and down, but I can tell you that we got quite abit of rain down by Spring Valley on saturday. It clouded the water pretty bad, but they are already going down and will be fishable for the weekend if we don't get more rain. If the bigger water is unfishable think small.

Jim W

Dark and Sarge,

Maybe we should hook up that evening(Saturday) to share how we all did! If Dark gets a "smart fire" going, I'd be glad to stop by and get smart for awhile.
I plan on wading Saturday and Rick might come down as well. Maybe we could convince him to "get smart" as well?

Let me know boys!!!

Jim W

Sarge

Hey Jim, Who you going with saturday? If you need somebody to help take pictures of fish let me know.

And I would mind getting together with you guys for awhile- to get educated. LOL

I fished the Middle Branch tonight and it was a bit dirty but very fishable. Should be in good shape by Saturday. Can't tell you much about the other branches, but I'm sure the S. Branch will be clean, especially towards Forrestville, while Lanesboro might still be too dirty. Gribben and Diamond usually clear quickly, but I can't say the same for Duschee.

The water temps on the Root have certainly plummeted with the cool nights.

J.A.Say.Tree

Hey Dark,

I was down in Lanesboro on Monday, and the river was complete chocholate milk and up just a bit. Many of the smaller tribs (Duschee & Gribben) were unfishable as well. However, on the way back to town I stopped at trout run and it was running PERFECT... just that milky cloudiness to it (spinner heaven).

J.A.Say.Tree

Oh, on another note... I was down on the NB or the root last night training the dog, and that is not looking very good for fishability either.

Good Luck fishing boys! I'm heading to North DAkota for 5 days of duck hunting fantasy world!!!

JA!

Jim W

Sarge,
Your more than welcome to meet up with me(whomever) before/during/after. Lot's of water. However, since you have a lot of experience taking pictures of my fish that might be a good idea. I'll call ya Friday noght or early Saturday morning. I plan on getting out around 10:00 am and fish until dark.

Jim W

Sarge

Jim, I'm going out friday morning, so maybe I'll have an idea of what the water conditions are going to be for saturday. SOunds like the weather is going to be nice for saturday.

jeffleek

Dark, The river in Preston is starting to clear. It has some color but not bad. I was over Parsley's last night and It was dirty but by weekend I'm sure it will be fishable. It was starting to get that greenish look to it. I haven't been on the northbranch for quite some time now so I really don't know how the fishing was, but with this cooler weather I would think thing would start HAPPENIN. JLK

Rick

Finally,
I get a chance to get out and fish.

I'll be there and hopefully work won't prevent me from getting over to the smart fire with Jim.

I'm really looking forward to this little trip.

Hey,
we can talk about next spring's Trout Day with Jim W.

DARK30

I'LL HAVE THE SMART FIRE DANCING AROUND DARK SO BRING YOUR FAVORITE CHAIR,STORY,HAT,BEVERAGE,ETC! MAYBE WE'LL EVEN HEAR THE CREATURE BACK IN THE WOODS (I'VE GOT MY SON CONVINCED THERES "SOMETHING IN THERE")
I HAVE ROOM IF ANYONE WANTS TO STAY ($5 FOR VISITORS)
WET NETS!

------------------

Jim W

Dark,
I'll be there, hopefully with some good reports from the day! Where in reference to the campground is B-4 located? So I can just zip in.
See ya Saturday night!!
Jim W

All right fellas, I am driving up from SE iowa as a makeup weekend from the one I had planned at the beginning of the month when it rained cats and dogs. Perhaps I shall see you. In any event, if someone asks you your E-mail moniker, it'll be me. Be well all. Keepyour waders wet & toes dry. See yaz there.

Steve

Jim W

The weather is going to definitely cooperate this weekend! Possibility of 75 on Saturday? Bring it on!!

Rick, if you didn't get my e-mail, let's plan on 10:00am instead! Same place, same bass channel! We will find fishable water, even if we have to drive around all of Fillmore County. Heck, that would be one way to find out all of my spots now wouldn't it!

Sarge, I'll be calling you for a last minute stream update. Dark, see ya around the fire!!!
Time to bends some rods boys!!!

Jim W

Jim W

DARK30

GOING SOUTH ON HWY 52, GO THROUGH PRESTON TO THE RIVER BRIDGE AND TURN LEFT JUST PAST THE BRIDGE(DOWNSTREAM). ENTER HIDDEN VALLEY CAMPGROUND AND GO STRAIGHT IN (NOT UP THE HILL). RIGHT PAST THE AGE OLD TOILETS, CURVE LEFT TO SITE B-4. LOOK FOR THE BROWN AND GOLD TRAILER NEAR THE ROAD AND A DK. GREEN FORD W/TOPPER.
SOUNDS LIKE FUN...SEE YA THERE
WET NETS!

P.S. I'LL HAVE SOME HOT CHILI IN THE CROCK!

------------------