• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zumbro River Between Elton Hills & 37th Str.

Well Folks, I'm going to give the Zumbro River a try tomorrow. I'm hoping that I will discover the untold mysteries of smallies within the Rochester City Limits. If I do . . . I might tell you about it.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

Hi Gang! Completed my fishing excursion on the Zumbro River. Had a wonderful time, but sad to say no fish. My partner had one hook-up, but it was his first of the year and forgot to set the hook. It would have been a fine fish had he brought her in. Next time. What a great stretch of water to canoe. Several small riffles, but no major rapids. Just saw two other 'touring' canoes and a few people fishing from shore near the Silver Lake Dam. Otherwise we had a very peaceful stretch of water all to ourselves. It was a great day on the water.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

Hey there Biglew,

Yes, sometimes we all forget that just being there will suffice for pleasure! Don't always have to catch(nor will we)!! I've been thinking real hard about "getting back" into fishing the ZUmbro. It is sooo untouched. Maybe if we start to bring more attention back into the Zumbro in/near Rochester, we could convince the City or Dnr into a conservation program, increasing that "untouched" fishery!
SO don't give up on her and keep the fine reports coming in!! Keep the rods bendin'!!
Jim W