• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
james_walleye

Country Club Manor Ponds

james_walleye

I read a fishing report that said the country club manor ponds were putting out crappies. Now i drove by these ponds and yes the 1 pond has a few houses on them. But it looks like to me that its private...that you have to get permission from someone to get onto this pond. There were 2 vehicles parked at the end of the houses on and empty lot...but i still imagine a person has to get permission. Does anyone have any knowledge of these ponds at all? I wouldnt mind fishing the 1 because i've heard about the big crappies in there before.

ssendek

Sorry to sound dumb but where are the Country Club Manor ponds?

james_walleye

The ponds are on the west side of Rochester. The ponds are right on the intersection of 2nd street and county road 22 which circles the west side of rochester. The easiest way to get there is take Hwy 14 toward Byron and take the Cty 22 exit. Go left. Go through the stoplight by Kwik Trip. And go over the hill and when you get to the bottom there is some pretty big houses on the left side of the road...thats where the ponds are...in the mix of houses.

Jim W

The Country Club ponds/gravel pits can be fished. However, where you park is key. You can access them on the North side of the ponds. I haven't fished there but know several who have. Either fish near the other shacks or find related structure and depth then go out on your own! Let us know how you did out there! Keep the rods abendin'!!!!
Jim W

james_walleye

SO you can access them where the other cars are parked in the empty lot and you wont get into any permission trouble??

Jim W

I wouldn't recommend parking in the Mayo clinics lot! Probably would get towed. Try parking on the street(not second street)

So ... J_W when were you planning to go over and try fishing these ponds ??

------------------
Jeff

james_walleye

Which lot is the Mayo clinics? Do they own land on the north side of that pond? There were 2 vehicles parked in a dirt lot on sunday when i drove by.

james_walleye

I was thinking about sunday afternoon....

J_W, I asked because I have ben wanting to try fishing the ponds myself. I have lived here all my life and have never fished those ponds. But, over the years I have heard stories of good fishing in them. Anyway, thought I might give them a whirl this weekend myself ... Was out at Chesterwoods last Sunday morning and didn't do to well, a number of bites and two small sunnies. Just think I need to try some new waters. Well, new to me ....

------------------
Jeff

james_walleye

I was told of some dandy crappies they pull out of there along with some big largemouths. A guy oughta be able to mark some fish somewhere on the vexilar and pull a few fish out i would think.

MnSportsman

can't help ya with the fishin'there either, but we used to go in at the 2nd St. end ,back in the 70's & go skinny-dipping with the gals on hot summer nights... wink.gif
< Hey, as a matter of fact, I think I left a pair of Keds tennis shoes there, If ya find ém , let me know, Will ya? wink.giftongue.gif >

Good luck on the spot tho' grin.gif

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!
;)

J_W ...Sunday afternoon doesn't work for me. Other things going on.

------------------
Jeff

J_W Hey if you really plan on trying these ponds out i do know of someone that lives right on them and we could have parking and direct access through his backyard! I was there when he was bulding his house there and never knew that you could fish it! But if you are real serious about trying this on sunday let me know.

james_walleye

Im pretty sure my friend and i are going to give it a try on sunday. I found out that a person can park at the end of the houses to the east where the empty lots are. Thats where people access the pond from.

J_W, change in plans. Sunday afternoon might be possible. What time were you thinking of ??

------------------
Jeff

james_walleye

Sunday afternoon is the only time i can make it out....i will however post on here how i do so you know for sure if its worth giving it a shot at some point.

james_walleye

I think we are planning on being at the pond between 1-1:30 and probably will fish until dark...or after if the crappies are biting. The only thing that will change our plans is if my roomate catches fish today. He went to Pritchards by Wabasha today....his buddy got into some slab 1-1 1/2 lb crappies on wednesday. IF and i say IF he gets into those crappies again i might have to venture down there...pretty tough to pass up crappies like that.

Hey ! No doubt about that ! Well, I guess we'll just have to see what happens. If you make it over to the Country Club Manor pond and I'm there, I'll be the one in the Blaze orange stocking cap and dark green parka. Oh, and I drive a dark green S10 pickup with matching topper.

------------------
Jeff

Hey Guys,
How was the fishing on the Country Club Manor Ponds? Did you have any problem getting out on the ice?

------------------
Big_Lew