• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Animal

Canadian Customs

Animal

As far as I concerned given all the hassle to fish Canada on Namakan is not worth it. You have to have a remote access permit that cost around $20 US per person and requires either a trip to I-Falls or advanced mail request. You have to have an Ontario fishing license which requires a trip to Fort Francis or advance mail order, and you cannot use any US bought live bait except crawlers. Additionally, the fish caught in Canada count as your US limit.

You would be better off taking the truck portage at Kettle Falls to Rainy and fish the reefs and islands on the US side. It costs $40 round trip, but the fishing is usually excellent and you don't have to hassle with all the regulations.

making eye contact

First post guys, love the site and check it every spring when I go up to Rainy River. It has been awhile since I have been up to Namakan, and I am finally going in a couple of weeks. Is it worth fishing the canadian side. I familiar with canadian law and I know I need remote access pass and buy minnows in canada. Do I need to buy leeches and crawlers in canada too? Any info and reports would be great

Crow Hunter

You can not bring leeches into Canada. Crawlers may be brought in, if they are in worm bedding, not in dirt.