• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey Guy

Looking for some info

Hockey Guy

I'm heading back up to the park this weekend. Can anyone help me out with a few questions? I have not been up there for 3 weeks. Is the water level still way down? Are the black flies driving campers off the islands yet? Does anyone know if there is a web site that shows which campsites have docks? I have never camped at a site with a dock but since I have a new boat this year I thought it might be nice.

RTH

Hi H.G. - You can stop at the Kab Visitor Center and they have Camping maps that show the sites on the islands. They show if the access is rock, sand, or have docks. You may try www.nps.gov/voya for some add'l info. I'm going up to the state forest campground at Chief Woodenfrog tomorrow. Sites are primitive and $9 a night. Stop by and say hello. I have a blue 94 Ford f-150 truck and a blue 86 Lund Mr.Pike with a 50 HP Merc. Good fishin !

guts

Hockey Guy,
The area over the last two days has received about 2 1/4" of rain, and heavier rain south of us. All rainfall south of us thats North of the Laurentian divide flows into are network of waterways, which effects Kab.
Over the past two days the water has come up 2-4' and will probably come up that again over the next few days, all good news.

A couple of the downpours have helped wash away lots of the mayflies, so maybe we have shortened their visit.

Bad news, we expect mosquitoes to get much worse, fishing can only improve, it has been slow last few days due to storms. Expect the fish masses to move to reefs for summertime fishing. LOL, guts <{{{{><

Hockey Guy

Thanks Guts. My prop and lower unit thank you as well!