• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Lakers on Cruiser

Does anyone fish for Lakers thru the ice on Cruiser Lake? If so how do you get there, is it walk in only or can you take a machine out there?

Matt D

I haven't the foggiest as to whether anybody fishes lakers through the ice on Cruiser, though I highly doubt it. I've spent the last two summers (May-Aug) working in the park and the lake gets modest fishing even then. Machines are out for the entire Kab. Peninsula except for the trail that runs through the interior chain (which doesn't include Cruiser). In fact, they can't be operated on land in the park other than on maintained trails, like the one mentioned.

As for the fish ... they're modest-sized. I've hiked the 4 1/2 miles in the last two summers and fished it. Most ran in the 20-23" range. Wouldn't even dream of making the trek in the winter unless you had some serious winter skills and planned to stay overnight, ... or a death wish!

Northlander

How about the crappie action, can a guy drive to any of these crappie spots on either lake? I would like to get away from the Red Lake crowd. Also any size to them and where are some good places to stay? I would be coming up from Duluth.