• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

It looks like we need to start another message on opener comments since the one below this seems a little cluttered with other "stuff". We fished Big Kandi Sat. mid-morning until around 5:00 p.m. and again Sunday morning from 8:00 until noon. Caught a lot of little walleyes, kept a few 14-16" fish for the pan, with the biggest at 18". Overall fishing was OK, caught a nice smallie however; they are fun to catch and fun to see in Kandi, even though I am clueless how they got in there. Boats seemed to be congregated in the usual hotspots. Anyone try the sunken island? I didn't make it over there.

My two sons and i fished big kandi this weekend and all the fish we caught were very small. My youngest son is very addiment about measuring all of our fish. They were all from 9 inches to 12 inches. I was glad to see a few fish in the 24 to 25 inch fish class, caught and released on the lake. I had to laugh when we got to the landing some of the boats were keeping all of these small fish. One of the boats claimed they caught their limit of 15 and 16 inch fish he showed them to us and they were the same size as what we caught. when we walked away my youngest boy asked me if their ruler was shorter than ours. i just said no thats fishing. it will be a few years before he understands that statement. haha. we had a fun weekend on big kandi.

I cant help but sit here and laugh because I have seen and heard the same thing way too many times. I can go out and catch 20+ of those little ones and consider it skunked with nothing to show in the livewell, and the next guys are braggin about their limit of 15-16" fish. There are a lot of solid fish to be had out there though. I will be on kandi a couple times this week.

walleyewacker: You all done with school? Sounds like you had a good weekend. I could use some info. on Enemy swim if your still in S.D. See ya

Thanks Wacker: See you on DL this summer. Take care and good luck. Oh by the way if you don't know I finally graduate this year. June 4 2004 thus the name Juneau4!

I was wondering what that meant. I guess you will have alot more time for fishing after June '04. Congratulations

Cruiser, take it easy. I don't think wacker meant any disrespect.

Bragging??? I don't think so, and we do measure the fish we catch. What is the purpose of this site if people can't share their success (or lack of)with others who may want to fish a particular lake. Most fisherman are liars except me and you and I'm not so sure about you!!

Ive been done for a couple weeks now. Cant help you with enemy, only fished pike out there late ice this winter, but guys I know out there have been having hundred fish days on waubay. Out of those fish 95% are 14-15". Not much different than this winter. If your looking for action I would head there.

We need a minimum size of 15". Most of the waleye's are taken befor thay hit the 12" mark.

With the big fish contest running I saw alot of fish come in on opener weekend, and yes some people have a measuring disability it seems, BUT there were some nice 2 and 3 pound walleys brought in...one walley over 5 pounds..(caught off a dock) If you can afford to buy LOTS of bait and sort through the little ones, the decent ones are there. The past 3-4 night the docks at the store have been pretty active, I took my 4 year old out last night and we caught 20 plus walleys...but only 2 that I would even consider keeping...which I didn't but the point is, my son loved it, and he thought it was pretty cool that he outfished his old man!! Sometimes getting your kids into it is better than catching a 10 pounder!!

------------------
kandi park #2

What do you guys think is a good size to keep pike on Kandi? It seems like the ones my buddies and I caught on opener were getting a little stockier than the hammerhandles of the last couple years. Some looked downright tasty but all were released.
What size would be a good comprimise between meat and damage to the spawning pike population?

No disrespect of course, it had nothing to do with the site either.... The only pike I have heard coming out so far have been 7-8lbs, not abundant but havent seen much smaller latly. It would be nice to grow some 10+ out there.

J-Hawk,
I think you should throw all of your pike back and start eating some of those 4+
lb. bullheads you specialize in!