• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for an expert on Minnewaska

The Little Crow Angler

Hello GullGuide:
One excellent resource is Terry Duhn, owner of Hunt's Resort and RV Park. His resort is open year round with very clean cabins on Lake Minnewaska. I would give him a call. His phone number is 1-800-450-3323. His web site is www.minnewaskamn.com/hunts. I can tell you this about Lake Minnewaska.
1. 13th largest lake in Minnesota
2. Shore length-20 miles
3. Water Area-7,110 Acres
4. 3 Public Access
5. 3 Bait Shops
You can find a wealth of information on the lake and fishing from the DNR. I personally think it is the very best panfish and bass lakes in our area. They are often overlooked in preference to walleye fishing. The Alexandria fellas on our website might be able to help you with the specifics, such as what bait shop is the one to go to for the best helpful information. Good Luck in your endeavors. The Little Crow Angler
A good meeting place might be HOBO PARK in Starbuck. It is a super place to meet and launch your boat. They also have an excellent fish cleaning place in the park.

I know this is kind of out of the area, but I'm looking for a local expert on Minnewaska to write up a short article on the lake. We'll be fishing it for the L.E.T.S. go fishing event. Maybe some history, lake characteristics, quality of fishing, etc., etc. If you could, would someone be willing to write something up and email it to me? I won't need it for about a month.
I plan on including these articles within my pre-tourney reports that I will be submitting to Rick for use in promotion. I also hope to get a few sentences from each lake report on the main article promoting the league as a whole hopefully next month sometime.
Thanx,
>"////=<
[email protected]