• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, the world of fishing has taken a few blows lately. It's bad enough that Al Lindner has decided to leave InFish, but the real news is that the Schimicks no longer own the 71 bait shop. In my opinion, the 71 bait shop was THE place for bait, tackle and conversation in the Willmar area.
Best wishes go out to Ron, Jim, Joe and the rest of the family. I hope everyone agrees that their presence will surely be missed.
>"////=<

GullGuide, I agree with you about the Schimicks going to be missed at 71 BAIT, good luck to them. Do you know who will be taking over?

The full press release on Al's plans can be seen at http://www.pioneerplanet.com/outdoors/out_docs/039247.htm

Al & Ron's pioneer efforts to educate and inform fisherman run far and wide across all aspects of the industry with his impact on all of us certain and positive.

We are far from seeing the last of Al! He is too much a go getter to sit still for long!

If it is possable for him to take it easy, he sure has earned it, and then some.

I have learned to fish and also learned how to learn fishing from the crew at In-Fisherman, as millions of others have.

I am very thankful And hope to pass it on to others as they have to us.

Backwater Eddy.......><,,>

Gull, I have to disagree with you on 71 bait, Jim had such a surly attitude that I've stopped doing business there. He made you feel like you were wasting his time when he helped you with either fishing or archery equipment.

Hopefully the new owners will have a better attitude on life.

I agree with BlackJack. You would ask him a question and he would just be rude. I also quit going there and I know others have too.

Hmmmmmmm.....
News to me. Maybe it was because I had been doing buisiness there since I was a kid, but I never had a bad expierience there. Sorry to hear that. Anyhow....
>"////=<

I would have to agree with both Blackjack and Gullguide. You never knew what to expect when you walked through the door. Their knowledge of product and wide selection was top notch. What put people off was the times you were treated like a fool. My hope is that the new owner will have the knowledge to answer my questions when I come in. Attitude can be ignored long enough to listen to an answer. Best of luck to Jim and family for all their help. As for the times you weren't so helpful... that's ok... I catch more fish anyway smile.gif

Ever walk into a bar in a small town and feel like everyone in the place is staring at you like you don't belong? Like an outsider?? That is exactly the way I felt every time I walked into 71 Bait and Jimmy and his cronies were hanging out. Even though Jimmy can be a good guy outside of the shop, he was often rude in front of his gang. As far as ever getting good tips on a bite? Never!

I always thought that Mel's being remodeled had something to do with 71 losing business... after reading this post however, it looks as though I'm not alone in my feelings, and maybe there was more to it than just Mel's getting bigger.

Duck-o-holic

I agree wholeheartedly Duck-o-holic. My sentiments exactly. I, too, had been going there for many, many years but the last several were more than i could take. got to the point where i only went there when i had no other choice. your analogy nailed it duck-o-holic!!!!!!!!

------------------
Roopy