• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing reports????????

come on you locals!!!! lets hear a fishing report or two. somebody must be fishing somewhere. even if your not catching any, let us know. helps us decide where to go or not go. this forum has been way too QUIET lately!! i'm not to embarassed to say that i've been skunked 2 out of 3 outings. (i probably should be tho.) lets hear some reports.

good luck.......

------------------
Roopy

Roop,
Have been quiet because I haven't been out...at least not around Willmar smile.gif The call of the North is too strong....resistance is futile.... smile.gif
What lakes have you tried? When did you try them? What were you using and how deep?
Let me hear what you have to say, then I'll spill the beans...or at least try to smile.gif
>"////=<

OK here have been my fishing outings....North Long Lake Hawick up until last friday I was my catching limit of crappies when I went out.went out friday afternoon and caught small ones kept nothing blush.gif....fished Green and Nest on Opener nothing on Green for me frown.gif ..went to Nest and caught a 5 lb Northern C&R him, no luck on the eye's either...I also fished Green last friday in front on Ye Olde and all I caught was smallies confused.gif weather bites right waitng for the weekend grin.gif

Fishspicermn

Kandi has been slow but there have been a few big fish caught and most of them released. Starting to catch some nice eaters from shore. This cold snap has not helped much. I understand Eliz. was/has been good. Some decent fish have even been caught near the inlet of Lillian. Can't talk too much though! Have a good one

Went out to Norway twice last week, got skunked on Wednesday, caught a few crappies and a 22" walleye on Friday. With the 'nice' weather, haven't been out since.

I haven't had much luck Memorial Weekend? I caught a bass on Florida Saturday and I had a beautiful Northern on Diamond, but lost him by the boat. West Norway seems to be the place to be!

Fished Norway on Fri. night and got really wet. Caught lots of sheephead, one nice sunny, and about a 4 lb slimey. Shifted to Green on Sat. night and ended up with 5 eyes in the 2-3 lb range and about a dozen smallies most above the slot. Fished Green again this morning and got one small eye and about a half dozen smallies. One smallie approaching 5 lb. Beautiful fish! Real light bite for all and lots of searching with the electronics to locate schooled up fish.

had other obligations saturday and sunday but did get out to florida this evening after all the weekenders went home. no wind-too calm-but did catch 6-7 small walleyes. didnt keep any although if you were really desperate for fish a couple could have been kept but were not real big.

------------------
Roopy

Jim W,
Right around 22' before dark and then a few after dark in about 6'.

bryce,
Thanks a lot! I kind of figured that, but it's nice to get a good reference point to begin an outing with. SUre doesn't take them walldogs long to go deep in Green!

Has anybody tried Diamond Lake or heard any reports on it? I'm visiting my parents this weekend who live on the lake and they say no one is doing good on the lake. I find that hard to believe since everyone has done well on the lake the past few seasons.

Power Troll, I haven't fished it this year but I heard the other day that the lake is really green! I'm not sure if is going through an "algae bloom" or what? I know some of the locals did "OK" early on. Good Luck.