• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
catchandrelease

Carlos

catchandrelease

Anyone heard anything on Lake Carlos? Any tips to run into some walleyes or bass?-Or anything... Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, C&R.

ghotierman

try the rockpiles off the west access....'eyes have been hanging around there...they've been a bit on the smaller side. bigger ones seem to be holding deeper...35+...near big schools of baitfish...

as for bass....probe the shallower weeds...most of the cabbage is dying back...any green clumps will be holding fish...the pencil reeds on the north end by the state park is a good place to start...

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Wayne Ek

CatchandRelease, the crankbait bite is starting. On the larger flats, toss rattle baits, on the deeper cabbage beds I've had my best luck with bomber fat A's. The shallow cabbage is starting to die back but the deep cabbage and coontail is still very green and healthy. Water temps as of 9/17 on Carlos 66 to 68.

------------------
Wayne
Agape Fishing Guides
www.agapefishingguides.com

catchandrelease

Thank you for the replies, I'll let you know how I do! Thanks again, C&R.

Creek Kid

We didn't have much luck but we're far from expert walleye fishermen. We missed ghotierman on the way in. I'm sure we would have done better had we been able to chat with him before-hand. We marked alot of fish 40-50', maybe Tullibee. Hard to say what they were though. There were quite a few boats around the access to LeHommeDieu. I heard they were jiggin redtails. Not sure how much success they had. Didn't hear of anything big. We sure enjoyed the time we had on Carlos even though we didn't catch much. I heard there was a walleye tournament and 19 out of 35 boats came in empty. 4 lbs. took 6th. Everyone kept saying there's a couple more weeks left before things really turn on. We heard Ida was hot but we never got there. Good luck. I'll keep watching for things to get better so post your success.

ghotierman

Creek Kid....that tourney had only small fish....6.5 lbs was the winner....Several boats caught fish, but couldn't stretch them to the 15" mark. We had some guys that pretty much stayed on Carlos during the tourney...caught plenty of eaters...but only on 15 incher.

They were marking deep fish too...probably schools of tullibee with the 'eyes hangin close by...

Victoria has put out some 'eyes the past few nights...15-20 feet, on the break...but the bullheads move in soon after and wreak havoc....about another week and the chain will bust loose...

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598