• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hossienda

Where on Miltona??

Hossienda

Hey Guys,
So last week I asked about geneva and did not even fish the lake. I ended up on Latoka off of fireman's lodge and all I caught was some bass while running Red Tails thru there.

This week I am for sure going to Miltona, and have never fished the lake in the open water season and only once in the winter. Do any of you have any suggestions on where to go? I am mainly interested in Walleyes.
Thanks for the help.

Hossienda

Anderland

Hoss, I'm sure we'll all try to help you out. The problem is there are so many spots, and all of them can be very weather dependant - especially at this time of the year. Things will be changing soon if they haven't begun already. Grab a good map from G-man's shop and use it. The last couple of weeks we've still seen the best bite right at sundown, you definitely want to be on the water at that time. We've had the most consistent bite right at 18 ft. on the edge of the weedline. When you pick a spot and find fish just stay there and "hover" with the trolling motor. As for general spots, the west edge of the flats are worth a try, as are the edge of the flats on the east shore by the main access. But probably better yet are some of the mid-lake humps and smaller main lake points, although obviously harder to find. Shallow water spots will also produce soon if they haven't begun already. I wish I could be more specific but it's tough to describe spots that aren't easily read on a map. Hopefully G-man can be of more assistance as he probably has up-to-the-day information.

Good Luck,
Scott

ghotierman

Hoss...I'll echo what anderland says. Look over the map, and there a few spots to target. Full moon tonight, so this weekend you'll still catch some of that effect. Lots of anglers have success trolling the shallows during a full moon. Either across the flats, or the south shore where the creek runs out toward Ida....

stop or give a call when you can...we'll try to give some specifics for you...

good luck and good fishing...

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Hossienda

Well, I made it out last thurday night, and to say the least, did not do very well.

Started out fishing the mid-lake flats, and found a quick drop from about 14-35 feet, and did not even get a bite, and that was the way things went for the rest of the night. We trolled red tails, crawlers and rapala's and nothing. I suppose it could have been the lousy weather, but that is just to easy to explain away. Do appreciate the info, even if I could not make anything work. Just need to keep tryin.

ghotierman

That's the spirit hoss....keep trying...

Miltona is big water, and the 'eyes can be scattered and on various patterns. I've talked to anglers who've had success the same weekend, one group finds 'em shallow...12-18 feet or less...another jigged deep water...40+ feet. Try it when the weathers better...it feels better if you get skunked on a nice day!

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598