• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleyewacker

Muskies this weekend

walleyewacker

Me and a buddy of mine are planning on coming up muskie fishing for the day on friday. This is the first time to the area and have only fished muskies a few times as well. Where and what might be working. As far as lake goes I am looking for more size than numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

ghotierman

Miltona may be the best bet for size or numbers. The ski's have been pretty active in the last couple weeks. (heard of several 42-47 inchers and at least one pushing 50)

If you're around for saturday, the local Muskie's inc chapter is doing a "guide for a day" on Lobster. It's a fundraiser for the chapter. $50 gets you a day of muskie fishing with on Lobster with a guide and lunch. Look at skooter1's post on this forum, or the muskie forum for contact info.

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

fishing4fun

A couple friends and I are coming up to Miltona for the weekend to do some bass and musky fishing. Is there been any good knews about the bite. What area of the lake are the bass in? (shallows, cabbage, or out in the deep) And how about the muskys? We've fished the lake before and are fairly familar. I'd just like a little knowlegde of where some locals have been catching fish.
Thanks

ghotierman

both bass and esox have been pretty active on Miltona. Look to the deep cabbage for both. Last week's tuesday bass league fished miltona, and several guys either hooked up or had follows with muskies. Jig the deep cabbage.

good luck..

------------------
Alexandria Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

walleyewacker

We actually ended up on Lobster. It was tough conditions with sun and no breez but I hooked up and lost one about 36" and had a few follows, fun day. Sorry I had to steal on of your guides for a day ghotierman, I was the one Frank had to take on friday and why he couldnt make it saturday. That was the second time ever muskie fishin and I swear muskeis are like drugs, they are addicting, yet bad for your health, and make you crazy in the head. I am hooked to say the least.

fishing4fun

I'd like to thank N.E. Outfitters the info this past weekend. I forgot the guys name there but he was outstanding about telling us where to go find some muskies on Miltona. We didn't do our part, but we had a blast. We'll definatly be back. Most of the time when you go somewhere people don't like to tell other who are new to the area where to go, he was awesome. We very much appreciated all the helpfull information. Next time we may have to put him in the boat with us.
Thanks again.

RuKiddingMe

Fishing4fun, I'm heading up on Wednesday morning for the day with my little brother. Were the fish pretty active? What depths were you working? Did you try the big flat at all? Was the action on hair or sticks? If you don't want to share I totally understand.

Matt

fishing4fun

RU,
We did not have very good luck, we tried everything in our boxes. The pike we caught on 10" Jakes while trolling and the musky rose to a black bucktail out of a 12' weed bed. Go see the guys at N.E. outfitters. They'll put you on the fish. They are very helpfull. They will be much better help then I can be.

Anderland

RU, upon your return please post your results (if you don't mind). I'll be heading up on Thursday night so I'm hoping to hear some promising esox reports before I go. The weather has been fairly stable so I'm hoping for good things to happen.

I know I'm in the wrong spot but in other esox matters, I happend to stumble upon your posts on the Metro forum about Forest Lake. I was up there with friends that live on the lake a week ago Sunday (the 13th) with some good success. I just found it interesting that we seem to fish many of the same waters.

Anyway, good luck and happy hunting!

RuKiddingMe

Anderland, I will definetely leave a report for you, I'm hoping for some decent action, with how the weather has been lately, either way it's a great way to spend a day off.

Yeah, I live in the cities, Coon Rapids area, and I fish the local lakes with a few guys from work about once a week. Forest has been pretty good to me so far this season, 3 ski's in the boat and 1 off at the net. My family has a cabin on Lake Mary and that's where my boat is stored, so I try to get up in that area as much as possible.

Good luck over the weekend and hopefully I'll a promising report for you.

Matt

[This message has been edited by RuKiddingMe (edited 07-21-2003).]

fishing4fun,
Don't feel so bad about not doing your part. I was out sunday from 2:00-6:00 and didn't hook up! Ended up cathing some good bass in 16' coontail beds. Give a call before you guy's come up next time. I'll keep you posted on anything hot!!!!
Kent Scheel

------------------
AGA
Alexandria Guide Association
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

[This message has been edited by firenfish (edited 07-22-2003).]

Mn Walleye 1976

I'll be heading up there this weekend as well. First time trying for muskies, after I do a little walleye and bass fishing.
So where are the best spots to try on Miltona.