• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Ole #1

Lake Mary

Ole #1

I had some great fishing at Lake Mary on Memorial weekend and I'm just wondering if the Walleye are still biting? We were using jigs and shiners, but I imagine that leeches would work ok this time of year.

I think I'm going to bring my wife and 4 yr old son today, sure is going to be a nice day to just get out on the water.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ole

ghotierman

Leeches and crawlers on small spinners seem to be working well on Mary. Try the deeper breaks. Can still jig when you get on active fish. Full moon this weekend...should be a great night bite too..

good luck.

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

fished Mary today (17th)
had a good morning bite on leeches. picked up 7 in about an hour then nothing for the rest of the morning-got pretty warm out there without any wind.
Brian
Whitecap splashguards
www.whitecapmfg.com

gofishingtom

bberle,

where were you fishing and how deep spinners or jig?? will be up on mary this thursday...

I'd like to tell you guys that I love lake mary! I'll be staying there from July 5 till 12 and I'm so excited for another year of slautering walleye. The last couple years have been great for us. Last year we all caught our limit, but the year before that wasn't as good. If you get sick of catching nothing, just hang out near the reeds and you'll get a hold of a couple nice dogfish that are fun to fight. If this topic could be updated with anyone that's catching some nice numbers It would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would like to fish anytime that week I'll be glad to. Thanks!

Slowfinger

Say, you wouldn't happen to know of any campgrounds near Lake Mary? I'd like to take my seven-year old up for an over-night trip this weekend...much obliged!

gofishingtom

slow finger.... try bigfoot resort they do have some tent sights available on first come first basis

1-888-239-2512

they are on the lake and have lots for kids to do to mini golf swings

Ya bigfoots fine, if you like more info about any resorts go to www.lakemarymn.com, it gives a list of resorts, and all their online brochures, pics, and prices. I happen to stay at Eden Acres II and like it much better from the family aspect.

gofishingtom

ole #1 hope to see ya up there this weekend...i'll be in 1800 pro -v with 175 merc on back and white 9.9 kicker.. i'll look for ya ..we are stayiong at bigfoot resort... good fishing to ya...

used leaches on lindy rigs working the 18ft to 21ft area by the reeds-not sure what area that is but its a popular spot on the lake just stay away a little away from the crowd of boats.

Ole #1

I have stayed at Eden acres 2 and it was good resort.

I will be at Lake Mary this weekend. I'm the guy who looks too young to own a Green Crestliner 1850 sportfish with a 140 Johnson, if you see me, say hi.

I usually fish by little mary bay.

Good luck to everyone.

Ole

Stayed at West Ridge Shores it is under new ownership and they are realy making the place nice. Had limit of walleye on both days