• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
LaVoi

Need all help I can get on Osakis!!!

LaVoi

Hey there everybody, a couple of my brothers and a few of our friends will be going down to Osakis on the weekend of the 27-28 of June to camp and have our own little three team tournament. As you might imagine there will be a ton of bragging rights on the line, so I was hoping I could get some help from all you Osakis experts. This will be a walleye tournament and no one has ever fished the lake before. Some common info I was hoping for would be location of walleye near the end of June on Osakis. Lure or bait of choice. And any other info that might put our team on top would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, LaVoi

[This message has been edited by LaVoi (edited 06-11-2003).]

ghotierman

LaVoi...scroll down and check out some of the past posts on Osakis...lots of good information there. Also, I'd suggest picking up the new Lakemaster map of Osakis....3 foot contours will help you pinpoint your spots before your trip.

good luck..

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

StrosLit31

Lavoi,

Going up on sat. to do a little walleye fishing. I will let you know next week how it went. But I think with the warm weather the fish are going to be out a little deeper during the day and on top of the bars at night.

mnwild

I am heading up there after work today, should be at Linwood at 6pm. I hope this fish are still going to be bitting this weekend. Sounds like the weather is going to be around 85.

Strohslight,
maybe we will run into each other on the lake. I am leaving my boat at home and will be renting one of their boats but bringing my trolling motor. I will have pleanty of cold ones in the boat if we run into each other..

StrosLit31

Yeah you can't beat having a cold one while reelling in a few nice walleyes. Well Maybe I will see you up there, I have a red lund explorer 1675 with a black Merc. Dont catch too many now save some for me.

good luck!

mnwild

I will be on the lookout for you. If I remember right the rental boats at Linwood are bright yellow, there will be only myself and a buddy of mine out there.

Rick
Check this thread out.

You will have a definite edge using this information.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06-15-2003).]

StrosLit31

mnwild,

So how did you do? Sorry i didnt see you up there. I ended up working on Sat. so i wasnt able to get up there. My sister and her boyfriend went out but didnt catch much but i dont know if they actual fished either. But going up this friday for sure for the weekend. Just wondering how fishing was? talk to ya

mnwild

We got on the lake around 7am Sat morning and started for the eye's, nothing. Went along the weedlines and trolled for northerns and just hammered them, everything you threw at them they took. We must of caught I bet 30 northerns all about 2lbs put them all back. Tried for eyes during the day and nothing. For the walleye tournement there were so many boats out there, once the final weight in was at 3:30 or 4pm the lake was empty. Barely any boats on the lake it was nice.
Did get nice and burnt out there thou. I look like a Lobster.

[This message has been edited by mnwild (edited 06-16-2003).]

StrosLit31

Yeah I talked to chad and tyler right before fishing opener and they were going to come up to lake vermillion with us but they both bailed out? Going up to the cabin this friday with a bunch of people(should be a good time). You should stop over and we will show you how to hammer the walleyes!! Also going to be up there over the 4th of july how about you? well talk to ya kid.

fishinphilth

Strohslight31,

Going up there this thursday. Have you talked to anyone from Dunwoody lately. Pearce might come up this weekend with me. Try and find some eyes. Had a little luck 2 weeks ago. Shinners were the key. Tryed leeches, but not much with them.

fishinphilth

Not sure if I'll be there for the 4th yet. But this weekend for sure. I guess my dad and my brother caught 9 out in front of the cabin in about 17ft of water. They said they lost twice as many. What time are you coming up on friday.

StrosLit31

Leaving straight from work at like 4:30-5pm. so hopefull be up there by 8pm and can still go out for the night bite. but a couple of my buddies will be up there at like 5pm. Did your dad say if there was any size to those waldo's or small? If you want send me an e-mail and i can give you my cell number. adam_mahowald@hotmail.com