• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
IceHawk

Minnewaska sunfish

IceHawk

Has anybody had any luck with the sunfish yet. Was up there a while ago I did not have much luck. I am thinking of possibly doing a gill run out there this weeekend, any tips or advice on if I should go there or someplace else. I also have another question I have caught some really nice crappies during the day but always was going to fish them at night, any insight on a location where to go depth,holes,etc would be apppreciated.

Did really well out there last week, Monday and Tuesday...really nice fish too. I would imagine they have adjusted to the weather change and may be willing to bite again. Scott Steil

ds, yes I was on the Glenwood side. The fish were pretty thick in the weeds. The key was finding the right weeds. Scott Steil

ds

Hey scott were you on the Glenwood side, I have been looking for the sunfish up there all year with no luck.

First Ice-Mike

IceHawk~

I usually fish crappies on the Glenwood side out in front of the DNR Hatchery - along with about a million other people........... it's usually good in about 15-20 feet of water away from the crowd - Full moon Saturday night - should help the bite.

merc

I was told by some locals there are goning to be muskie stocked in the lake. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks and good luck fishing!!

IceHawk

Last year one of my friends had one swim by his underwater camera while out sunfishing, he said it was huge. So I know their in there. I also believe I read that they were stocked in there many years ago.

GullGuide

I heard once that they stocked it with ski years back. Consider yourself lucky if they do stock it again smile.gif
Bad thing is, they will get a lot of opposition from people who are not knowledgeable about muskie/forage relationships. You will see a lot of people complaining because they believe muskies eat walleye, etc., etc. Before you jump on that bandwagon, step back and take a look at all the great muskie/walleye lakes where the fish have co-existed very well-
Cass, Bemidji, Mille Lacs, Leech, Deer, Winni, Lake of the Woods, and the list goes on and on.
I think Waska would be a fantastic muskie lake!

First Ice-Mike

Yeah - there are ski in the lake - We caught one ice fishing once - that was quite a few years back.

FI