• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Smallie

Great Fishing Lake Miltona

Smallie

Outdoorsman,
Lake miltona is a great body of water that offers great fishing for any species. This time of year you can load the boat with bass, walleye, muskie, crappies.

Any how for people who just want to have some fun cathcing a variety of fish you can throw jig worms and catch alot of walleyes, smallies, bucketmouths. Take a 1/8 or 3/160z mushroom head with a 4" worm a variety of colors will work. The hole ticket to this is keeping a taunt line and fishing it extremely slow.

My favorite way to fish up ther is with a jig and pig 1/2 oz because you can catch big bass and alot of them, but the muskies are very agressive on this method.

I don't fish specfically for muskies but what a fight when you do hook up. We have had alot of muskies on and in the boat this year. Every outing I had on miltona we either boated a muskie or had one up to the boat. I would say that this is kind of finesse bait for muskies.

Just make sure you a 7ft heavy Jig rod with 50lb Power pro or larger. I use heavy duty bass rods with a Shimano Curado.

Good fishing

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Smallie

On lake Miltona 9-11-02
Great bite boated one muskie in the mid 30" range and had another big one up to the boat.

Boated the fish on jig and pig presentations

Boated some good size largemouth on the weedline edge look for good gravel transitions this a good patter on any lake.

A change in the bottom content is always a good place to try where hard bottom meets soft ect.

Good fishing

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work