• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kt

lake oscar

kt

hi everyone,

Can anyone give me some info on fishing lake oscar for bass? I've heard about how high the water levels have risen in the past ten years. Are there any submerged objects on the lake that could ruin a prop that should be noted. Also, the dnr website mentions something about the access not being the greatest, is this true?
anyone know of any hotspots or general areas of the lake that are productive for bass.

thanks a lot,
kt

ghotierman

kt....there are some dandy fish in lake oscar. 4 fish bag in a little club tourney came in at 17lbs. 6 lbers are not uncommon. there's a lot of timber around...the levels have come up considerably in the last decade. "smallie" can give you more details.....i'll make sure he posts tomorrow..

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

kt

Thanks a lot ghotierman, looking forward to hearing from smallie.

kt

Smallie

Kt,
Lake Oscar is one of my favorite lakes to go to to catch some trophy fish.
All I fish on lake Oscar is black and blue jigs with a pork trailer.

You might need to have some patience because this is ussually not a numbers lake.

There is some really good deeper water on both sides of the access with milfoil. The point just east of the access has some good milfoil. Else go fish timber and silverdollar weeds. Top water frogs also work good on this lake.

I had over 17lbs on 4 fish on this lake its a real big fish lake. Fall fishing can be really good out there.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

kt

Thanks for the info smallie.

kt

Smallie

Kt,
No problem, it will be well worth your time out there. It can be alot of work fishing out there because the silver dollar weeds wrap in your trolling motor.

But don't let that frustrate you also some areas on that lake that look impossoble to get into hold some big fish.

I mainly fish by the acces in the milfoil but also spend alot of time on the north west corner in the timber.

There is something in the corner that can be very key. You figure that out and you will put a 5-7 lbs fish in the boat.

Just remeber this clue it looks tough to get into its small but worth it.

Let me know how this pans out.

The very north east end of the lake north of the island you will see that it open up into another bay and just on the outside of it it makes a point with timber east side can be productive also.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work