• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
wmn luv me walleye fearme

Mill Lake

I was thinking about going up there in mid september with a couple of my friends that are coming up from ohio and staying at mill lake resort. Was just looking to hear if its a pretty good lake and if that should be a good time to hit it as well? Also if anyone has stayed at Mill Lake Resort let me know if its decent. Was thinking about going to that lake because its only 650 acres and hopefully manageable with a couple days fishing. (last time I went to alexandria for a couple days I went to IDA which was to **** big for me to get a clue in a 3 day fishing trip.)
Thanks

ghotierman

fearme...Mill lake is a great lake. Easily learned in three days...(unlike your experience on Ida!)...scroll down and check some of the other Mill lake posts for some earlier reports.
There were a lot of boats out there on sunday...could be chasin' crappies....the Chain has got a fair crappie bite going right now, and area lakes have cooled off a bit after rains and cooler nights...

good luck and good fishing!

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

huckfin

We stayed at Mill Lake Resort for the first time Early June. Fishing was good for crappies mainly. The resort is pretty decent. Cabins were nice/clean and roomy. Its nice having your own dock by cabin. There is about 2 dozen RVS parked there so I would imagine it get a little crowded during the middle of summer. Good Luck

------------------
Huck

Anyone been out to Mill lately and have some general advise? Going out there this weekend and from the map plan on working the bar that looks like it comes out pretty far with some floating lindy's and little joe spinners. Decent plan or anytying else I should be doing?
thanks

Hey Ghotierman where is your tackle shop off 94, if its anywhere close to Mill I'll be stopping by on saturday to pick up some tackle and maybe ask a few questions if you have the time,

dfv87

My luck on Mill has always been with cranks, (#11 rapalas, blue and perch mainly) evenings slow front trolling long lining in 6-12 ft look for the weed edges. depending on the cloouds and wind it works during the day also. Mill is a great little lake, my wife would go troll with me and if she got tired of it, it wasn't too far back to camp. Best of Luck!

ghotierman

sorry for late reply...got away for part of the weekend. hope your luck on mill was as good as the weather....a bit of a bite in the night air...but man...glorious weekend!..

our shop is on the NE end of town....for those coming from 94...go straight through downtown...turn right at the last light...left at the next light (by the burger king)...follow the road to where it curves to the right....new mcdonalds, and little dukes right on that corner...we're one block up the frontage road from the mcdonalds....

stop and say hi any time...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

As far as a fishing report did pretty crappy on mill, caught lots of small pike and some bass but not a walleye in site, (caught a couple out on Mary on Monday but that was all) The guy that runs Sun Valley Resort was about the most cranky resort owner i've ever seen, his wife was extremely nice but maybe he was just having a bad week.

Justfishing

I second that. We stayed there in August 2001. Lori was fantastic. She took great care of the kids.
We hit a hot spell temps in the upper 90's. Water clarity about 1', green. I asked him for some tips. He said troll the weed edges. Couldnt tell where the edge was in the rental boat without a fish finder. Boat ran terrible, wouldnt plane out. He was of no use. I got a 84' Johnson 10hp that would run circles around the 15hp merc.

[This message has been edited by Justfishing (edited 09-19-2002).]