• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any success for the Musky opener? I'll be up over the weekend and what ever info i can get my hands on would be great.

Thanks Guys

Lots of muskies seen over the weekend, had a 40" +/- on but lost it at boatside. A buddy caught a 38" on Lobster. Fish are either suspended over deep water or in pencil reeds, cabbage is starting to come-up in water 4-8' and 12-14' on Miltona. Wind on Saturday kept most guys looking in the calmer parts of the lakes. Weather is suppose tp stabilize on Weds/Thurs. I'll be out then.

Skooter1

Lots of follows, but few boated on Miltona. Should be better weather conditions this weekend. Weed growth is starting to emerge...as skooter said, cabbage is coming up in about 12-14' on Miltona. Some fish seen cruising the pencil reeds while crappie fishing.

Good luck this weekend....

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

The area has a few more muskie lakes. Oscar, Indian(very small lake)Mina(not a desiginated muskie lake) hooks onto the Northside of Lobster and they are in there along with huge northerns. Ida has a good share also, hooks onto Miltona from Ida's n.e. end. I also know of another one('s) but for now I'll keep it under my hat until I catch one to prove it. I'll report that here if I get one on Lake X.

Good Luck and CATCH & RELEASE 'EM !!

Skooter1

Hey Skooter1 (and anyone else)...I do a fair share of Esox hunting myself. Mainly up on Leech, Cass, etc. The in-laws have a cabin on Ida that I spend a lot of time at (almost more than they do. Good thing I get along great with the in-laws) and have done some muskie fishing on Miltona. I knew muskie's where in Ida but can't say that I have seen any. I haven't really tried however. I have some spots in mind to go try but do you have any suggestions?

Also, is there any spots on Miltona that you can reveal?? This time of year I have walleye's on my mind, but come mid July on I do like to chase muskie's. Thanks in advance for any information.

Any Muskie left in Indian?....Was managed water for some time, but haven't seen any recent data on it. Mina has some huge fish. Two biggun's came through the ice late season....50 inchers!....only 400 and some acres, but over a hundred foot deep hole. I'm starting to get the fever talking to the other Esox anglers....this year will be my first outing intentionally hunting musky....

I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks for the info guys, some follows would be great and some in the boat would be the coupe de grace.... i think i might try my hand at Lobster.

Thanks Again.

Are Lobster and Miltona the only two lakes in the area worthy of fishing Musky?

Yes, there are a few muskies left in Indian, seen a 40"-42" this spring while crappie fishing the south end. The D.N.R. thought they froze out a while back though.

This will also be my first year out hunting Musksy. You mention a lake on the north end of lobster named Mina does that lake have a public access, and if so is it pretty decent or kind of shallow?

Mina has a concrete access area at the north end of the lake. It is a very deep lake with holes of 70-123' deep. There are cliff like dropoffs with minor weed areas. Live bait is a good choice under a large slip float. There are plenty of large pike and a few muskies. Fish the narrows at the north end of the lower lake for best success. The two humps on the south side are also good spots. Drift around this area making casts looking for active fish. There are lots of pike in this lake so make sure you have quality leaders on your rigs. smile.gif

Good Luck,
Skeets