• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Lake Mary

Hi - I will be staying on Lake Mary from August 4 to August 12. I primarily fish bass in my homestate of Maine though I do some crappie fishing to tune my jigging skills. What lures, types and colors, work in this lake? As a traveler, I can only carry so much with me so a little help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

Skeets

Dave,

For Bassin' bring along some Powerbait lizards/worms, some sharp hooks and slip sinkers. It wouldn't hurt to also throw in a few spinnerbaits, in different colors. The lake is fairly dirty, so bright colors often work well.
For Crappies, try just a 1/8 ounce jig with a 2" Power Grub tail. Cast or troll along the weedline and you will find active fish. Try different colors till you find the "sure thing". No need for live bait, unless the fish are in a negitive mood or after a heavy rain. If you need to use live bait, minnows under a slip float are the key.
Good luck fishing, glad you choose the great state of Minnesota for your vacation.

Skeets