• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grader dropped through the ice

bieganekbaitco

Rockhard, remember that not all people from the metro area are "cidiots", that would rank right up there with the initial comment that started this whole thing!

------------------
barebackjack IBOT#197
Why ride the wagon when the walk is so scenic?????????

[This message has been edited by barebackjack (edited 02-23-2004).]

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kelly-p

• Giant_Jackpot

• iffwalleyes

• halad

Bareback,

Exactly, what I was trying to say on my previous post. Why is okay for everybody to bash Arrow -whether deserving or not and they are not attacked or warned about the forum rules. hmmmm!

Also, I have only been to Red once, planning on being there Thursday and we have had nothing but great hospitality from all establishments visted, especially from the folks at the Drake Motel - A++ rating for those folks (Thanks! Mike and Diane).

Just wondering when this thread is going to maybe be closed and let all the bashing come to an end whether at arrow or from him/her!

------------------
I like Tail

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

The jet that buzzed the lake Saturday was a rush. Went right over me. Glad they're on our side.

Sorry caesar but thats not my point, I think a good stoning is in order for people who pop off at the jaw, I didnt think that the other guy was too harsh, if the moderators want to let this go on, more power to em, I think the guy has whatever coming to him that he gets here, which to me is little more than words, no harm.

------------------
barebackjack IBOT#197

Actually, there were two jets that buzzed the lake. I saw them coming from a distance and they were way past me before the sound hit and was it loud. Very cool!!

The Spook

Iffwalleyes,
You are right on your weight for a (patrol,blade,grader).That is bare emtey for summer work.You got close to another 5 ton with the wing and all the snow chains.Like some one said it was just a per accdent.Being at the wrong place at the wrong time.A lot of you don't know this but.Vesty has to have a c.d.l. to run the patrol.That is the fedarl law.I have to have a c.d.l have one to run loader.I know that both peices don't even get over 20mph. Again that is fedaral law.And what information I gather,Vesty is one great opterator.I hope Vesty keeps the road plowed out for you guys on URL.Just my two cents.
--------------------------------------------
I am a proud supporter of operatings engineers,locals 139,49,324

Bareback, i think from your reply that i need to explain the word and how i even came upon it.It is a combination of the words city and idiot this is easy to see.First time i heard it was from a good deer hunting friend who made a real bonehead move while hunting.He called himself a "citidiot".He also is from a metro area i should mention also.his meaning that day was " i am from the cities and i was a idiot today". We all can become citidiots in certain situations. the meaning to me has nothing to do with where a person lives or how smart they are, it is a mentality of complaining,not knowing what you are talking about and me first attitude.Be it this issue or any number of things.The young couple who buys a house next to a race track where they been racing since before they were born and complains about the noise, to this issue of plowing the roads up there.Arrow never did his reasearch before making the comments he did. If he did he would have found about driving on ice and ice roads.Then there is the complaining of the money being made up there.Do you think they make money anyway they can in the area he lives in and not have had any sort of accident?Did he know that there is many cabins or lake homes with those failing septics that are putting out tons more into some lakes than that grader? Lastly Before i start sounding like a citiidiot here grin.gif Maybe Arrow should get his V plow pickup out there and Attempt to do the job that grader has done and for free.Rember he has this money making issue about plowing.

Good point bareback. I certainly hear what you're saying. No matter where we're from or what we do for a living, we all share a passion for the outdoors and URL, which brings me to my point. This is fishingmn.com. I'd like to see more info exchanged regarding fishing and guys willing to help other guys enjoy the experience. I know this might sound crazy, but I think this will fly. Is anyone with me on this point? I'm not directly referring to this post, but more and more I see things getting way off track, and in some instances, a little too sarcastic. D#mn straight you should bring an extension! There. I feel better now.

I like gettin sidetracked, it's funner and as far as being an idiot, I'm the king of idiots!

------------------
barebackjack IBOT#197

That's obvious. Thought we were gonna have a race? Well, next time. Fish will only be getting more aggressive from here til spawn and I'll be there. Probably going back up on the 18th of March. Had ok luck last weekend and will be eating crappie tonight. Good luck to all!

Arrow head,

I don’t know much about graders and how they disperse their weight but on the face of it it seems to me that that’s an awful heavy piece of equipment to drive on ice. Perhaps because of it being so long it disperses the weight better but I wouldn’t drive something that heavy on the ice. But I am not the professional like he is. He must have thought it was safe or he wouldn’t have driven it on the ice. Seems to me like bad luck and thin ice converged when he fell through.
And for all of you who make fun of people from the city, you don’t seem to mind our tax dollars going to pay for your roads being plowed or you mail being delivered. So we may be silly but cut us some slack because as much as you disdain us you rely on us just as much.

Arrow, needed to be told what was said was wrong that is it! I think he/she has been told this over and over again. Some have even lowered themselves to his/her level by calling him/her names and personally attacking them. This is wrong, this site is not for personally attacking people. I think many people on this thread have gotten side tracked and have forgotten why it was posted in the first place. To show you what happened to a person on the lake and maybe get some help to them in whatever means possible. It was not to have page after page after page of bashing arrow. Why not start a new thread with the title of Arrow and start your bashing there.

------------------
I like Tail