• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grader dropped through the ice

bieganekbaitco

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kelly-p

• Giant_Jackpot

• iffwalleyes

• halad

with a 0% chace of thunderstorms you should beable to fish with graphite rods or go golfing with out gettin hit by lightning anyone ready to golf around

I just came back from there. The grader is still in the water. I heard a tripod is being considered to remove it.

How's the rescue efforts going? Hopefully the grader was exumed from it's watery grave. How the heck do you pull something like that out? I'm sure you guys have dealt with similar situations before, none the less, I can imagine what a job that could be! Good luck or congratulations, whatever the case may be.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

It is a long ways from the part of the lake that I'm on so I don't see what is happening but I heard that the people that are going to be getting it out were up this week to look at it and start planning.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

i heard he was up to his neck before he could get the door open... really makes you think. i'm sure he knows how lucky he is.
the costs have got to be huge. if there is a way we can help, let us know.

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

The resorts could all get together and raise the road pass fee $2 or $3 for a couple weeks and use that extra money to cover the removal. I would imagine that would cover it pretty fast. The best fishing is still coming and so are the people. Just a suggestion.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
(320)293-3287
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I think most of us that have enjoyed the good fishing on URL would be happy to help with the cost. The road pass idea is pretty good. smile.gifsmile.gif Stan C.

I'm all for helping out with the removal cost. Donations by check or maybe cans/jars at the resorts so a contribution could be made. I'm pretty distent but maybe someone local could get the ball rolling.

P.S. Any idea what it will cost?

Brian

The road pass idea may be good to us that have seen the pictures or know what it's for, but for ALL of the people that head up to Red that aren't on this site, you KNOW they're going to gripe and complain about another 2-3 bucks to "pull out some yahoo that was doing WHAT??", not realizing that without some of this equipment, they'd be pulling their 12' towbehind fish house out by hand.

Lwn

[This message has been edited by LwnmwnMan2 (edited 02-07-2004).]

We stay at the Americinn in Blackduck every time we're up there. The last time we checked in, a couple of weeks ago, the lady that checked us in said she was his wife; she was showing us pictures and told us that first guesses have it running about $15,000+. Better drop off your donations on your way up and back . . . Maybe that's how donations can be organized. The guy lost his livelihood, too. She said he also plows township roads and such, so now his income is also gone.

is it out yet?? i can't believe i missed that thread. where can i send a donation the help with the costs. i don't talk much on the URL site, but do fish up there occasionaly. hope all is well.

later,

goose

The 21st of Feb, at the Red Lake Ice series contest would be a great Place for those who wish to donate, Maybe a box at the weigh in or Jar at west winds, drop in what you want. I hope to go and will throw my cash in to help. or have a raffle and donate and win a prize.

I think all the resorts should put in a Jar for Vesty...I am going to be up @ west winds this weekend and I'll gladly donate a 10...if there isn't a jar I'll give it to an IBOT member.
SoHawk

I will be setting up a box at West Wind to help Vesty out with the costs of his grader that went through the ice. There has been many people asking where to send money and where they can drop it off so I will make it easy and have a box set up. I know Vesty will appreciate every dollar he gets. If you don't know Vesty you are missing out, most people know him and are very glad they met him. He is the most honest and hard working man in the area and his work impresses the hell out of me. So for everyone that would like to make a donation to the cause you can stop bye and drop the money off or mail it to:
West Wind
C/O Grader Fund
54719 Hwy 72 NE
Waskish, MN 56685

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998
WestWindWaskish.com

To start I want to say my Dad spoke to Vesty and he said that he appreciates the effort everyone is willing to give. But as of right now he does not know how much money he will receive from his insurance company. Vesty is a very honest person and he thanks everyone but he does not want to end up having the insurance company pay for everything and then taking all the donation money besides. He would just like everyone to hold on until he finds out how much this will cost him in the end. He is very thankful that peole that do not even know him would be willing to give money to help him out. I will post when we find out more on what this will cost in the end. Thank you to all that are willing to help.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998
WestWindWaskish.com

So what is the update is the grader still in the lake or have they managed to get it out?

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here are some pics I received yesterday:

halad-grader2.jpg

halad-grader3.jpg

Thanks for the pics halad!!!

Thanks for the pics... that looks like quite the Job! wheewwww. I'll bet it is more that a little dangerous too!!

------------------
Crappie it's not just a fish it's a attitude!

IBOT #23

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here are todays pictures courtesy of halad:

halad-grader4.jpg

halad-grader5.jpg

halad-grader6.jpg

halad-grader7.jpg

halad-grader8.jpg

As you can see the last one above here is very recent.

Its out. Quite a project. When i see those young guys work i wish i was 40 years younger. More pictures on the way

wow!!!hats off to the crew that pulled it off. now they just have to get it into kelly's big red fish house for a week with the heater on high to thaw her out wink.gif

------------------
a proud member in good standing of the International Brotherhood of Triangulists!! jigglestick I.B.O.T.#5 have you clamped today???

Thanks for the pictures! Hat's off to the guy's for getting the grader to the top! smile.gifsmile.gif I've helped recover several pickups and it's a lot of work. This was a much bigger project and it looks like they did a great job! smile.gif