• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MJP

Fish are starting...

MJP

I was up at Hillman's today and went out with Shorty on the lake. We drove a minivan out 5.4 miles, no problem. There is 12-14" inches in the road, and nearby. But,any rough ice may have as little as 3"inches,so all is not well yet.BE CAREFUL!Two nights ago they had two guys go out about 4 miles and get 22 crappies.There were some guys out there today that had gotten a couple nice crappies and a nice northern during the day today. So things are starting to get going.We need a few more cold nights.

Matt Phelps

Rick

About time you got on here Matt.

Nice to hear the fishing report.

kelly-p

Hey Matt those new hooks I got from you didn't work that good. I sat there for an hour without a bite. But maybe tomorrow I'll move the house out on the lake and try them in water. grin.gif
Really your Glo Spoon is one of my favorite hooks, I love it and I think your Glow Tubes will a winner also.
Welcome to the forum.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

We were out in 2 portables out of westwind last night. Fished til 9 caught nothing. We were about 4 miles out and in 13 feet wof water. Good ice though.

mwktrapper

MJP, You ain't the Phelps as in them spinners and those beautiful lures are ya? Just wonderin when kelly asked about the jigs.

good fishin

Fish Toys

mwktrapper smile.gif
Click on his profile!
"FISH" grin.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

Ruegs23

Fished out of Rogers about a mile and a half out and caught 0 crappies. We did catch many many walleyes though. Most are close to 20 inches too. We never went more than a half hour without a walleye. Wish we could have caught a crappie though. Did catch one 7lb northern and lost something huge on another tipup, assuming it was a northern, we never actually saw it. Overall it was very fun. Can't wait for the walleyes to be legal up there!! On another note, we didn't catch many perch. Last year we would catch hundreds of perch all day long. Yesterday we only caught maybe 10 perch max. Kind of strange.

W.W.BarTender

The fishing picked up a little over the weekend, a few reports of 20 or so crappies by a couple groups. Bill T. was out on Saturday and caught 5 crappies between 5 and 6PM and before that he caught around 40 walleyes or so with the biggest being around six pounds. It looks like the future is getting a little brighter. 3 reports of 40+ inch northerns caught on Sunday. it looks like the fishing is picking up and with a little cold weather we should be driving all trucks by the weekend.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998
WestWindWaskish.com

MJP

Yes, I am the Phelps with the lures. We are the creators of the Phelps Floater and the first Stand Up Jig,along with many other new products. Chris whom? I will have many leeches in the spring. Clue me in. All I need is a clue. Although, I will only have Supers.

Happy Holidays To All!

Matt Phelps

cluelessfisherman

Those stand up jigs of yours are great. I caught some nice bass on them this summer tossing them in the weed pockets tipped with shiners. Great weedless lures!!

Are you clueless in your last post? (sorry - I couldn't resist)

Clueless - -

[This message has been edited by cluelessfisherman (edited 12-16-2002).]

All kidding aside, the Phelps are a class act!! If you haven't tried their tackle, pick some up. And when buying leeches in the Bemidji area ask if they are Phelps, they have the biggest and best!! A little background on the leech story, Matt was going to get me a pound of leeches just before a big tournament. Things got busy with checking traps , delivering tackle and going to captains meeting and they were forgotten. He made arrangements with another fisherman to ensure I had bait. The Phelps will take care of you!!!

kupcho

Hey matt, I'm going to be in your neck of the woods this up coming week. I'll try give you a call and chat a little. Talk to you later, welcome to the forum.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

walleyewacker

Now that I have some time I was looking at coming up in the next couple weeks. Is it a good time to come or is it a good idea to wait until later in the year. Would also love to fish the northerns I hear about. Have never been to URL. Anybody have any advice?

MJP

Oh, that Chris. Haven't seen you for awhile. How's things? Thank you for the kind words. Just picked up another job at Arrow yesterday. Take care and have Happy Holidays. Hope to see you on the lake this winter. That is hoping I get a chance to get out. Thanks again for the comments.

Matt

Well, it's easy to say thyings like that when it's true!!

Happy Holiday's to you and we'll talk to you later buddy!!

Chris