• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open water walleyes begin

It was 40 degrees out today and I saw a boat out on the river in the open water section below International Falls. However, you will need to drag a small boat in at the access points. I am sure the fish are biting, as they are found there all year. Contact www.rainylakefishing.com for more info. near International Falls.

------------------
International Angling Adventures
www.rainylakefishing.com
Call (877)246-7762
Guide Service and Adventures
Rainy Lake

Hey bigfish - thanks for the info. Are you planning on fishing this area? I have heard that the current is strong since they are still releasing water from International Falls. Any in-site on this? Any information would be appreciated.

Sandee, I went down to Manitou Rapids today and the current did not seem bad at all. However, you know as well as I, it can change fast from day to day. With the warm weather, runoff may increase flow and turbidity; seems okay for now.

------------------
International Angling Adventures
www.rainylakefishing.com
Call (877)246-7762
Guide Service and Adventures
Rainy Lake

This is the best news I,ve heard in a while. Cabin fever has its big hands around my throat. If that river didn,t startflowing soon winter might beat me! I cant wait to get in the boat up there. I guess for now I will polish my rods and sharpen my jigs. Thanks for the info! It seems like I check this report and Sandee's site 35 times a day.