• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Baudette Motel

• 2 weeks later...

that hotel sucks you are smack dab in the middle of town lots of noise and you park your boat out near the road!(far from your room)
try calling lake of the woods tourism to find out about outher motels

I'll be fishing most of the day so noise won't be an issue. I was just curious about the room. If the place is clean. I don't have a problem with staying in town ( walking distance to the watering hole at night is a good thing).WS

i understand that you will be fishing all day buy take it from sombody who generally goes up to fish the rainy in the spring at least a couple of times!
the town is completely packed you can't hardly find room to park your boat at night at that hotel that place is my last possible option.

If the tourist's hate the crowds think how us local's must hate it. Royal Dutchman hotel east of baudette might have a room for you, getting close to ice-out though, they have docks too. 10-12 years ago the crowds were'nt to bad....then those in-fisherman guys had to brag it up year after year, I no longer bother with the crowds on weekend's, but weekdays are darn near as bad...total rat race! Get yourself an Ontario license, that way if you get a good one you won't have 5 or 10 boats come and anchor mere yards from you! The ice should be gone {knock on wood} and the fishing should be good by the time you make it up here. the Bauddete motel is a clean place. we are limited on the hotel/motel's up here. Spring on the Rainy fills everything up, especially the boat ramps, expect long lines at Clemenson, frontier and birchdale, usually not so bad at the Baudette ramp, I usually drop my boat in here, I prefer the half hour boat ride upstream over the half hour+ wait at the more easterly ramps. Last year we fished around the airport a couple times to avoid the upstream crowds, did good too!
Don't forget your camera for when you get that 10 pounder, or the 40 pound sturgeon!
Dutchman # 8009081024