• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Carp

City_Slicker

Hello, why isnt there a Carp board?? This makes me real mad. No not really. But there should be a carp board. Hey where are some good carp spots. I am new to St.Cloud area and I want to get some hogs.

Thanks
City Slicker

City Slicker -- see the thread on spring crappie fishing here in the Saint Cloud Forum-- it kind of spiraled out of control into a discussion on carp fishing -- lots of great tips.

City_Slicker,

See the thread on the open water forum. I tend to agree with you here. That thread has been the hottest topic in the last few weeks.

Fishing for carp is kind of like riding a minibike......lots of fun but don't let your buddies see you do it.

Hydro

Ok, this can be the official Carp Report spot for you avid carp anglers. I will keep an eye on the Dam in Cold Spring. About a 3 weeks ago there were hundreds of them in there. They don't go far, keep checking. And, just because you are not seeing them doesn't mean they are not there. There are a few deepers spots in there.ScottS

Just wondering if anybody has been fishing down by SCSU. I will be going down to St. Cloud Wednesday for orientation and will be down there all through the weekend. So I plan on doing some fishing down there. Never fished there, what has been working well. Have the carp been biting any better, I would like to get into some of those beautiful fish shocked.gif Good fishin, LaVoi

I went to the Dam at SCSU last weekend. Too much snow to move around. So I just kinda walked around close to shore. I didnt see to much action. But I'm sure they are moving around under the water. It was pretty dirty due to run off. Its suppose to get into the 50s by the end of the weekend, and into early next week. So the fish should start to move now. I can't wait to get out there. Just remember to get your 2002/2003 fishing license. I saw a DNR officer down at the dam last weekend looking around.

Hey when is there going to be a carp board.Its time to start a movement. Ungly fish need love also:} Has anyone eatin Carp before? I dont eat them they are just fun to catch. When I lived in the citys the asians loved them. They would take my carp,bullheads and any other ruff fish I caught. Anyone have luck useing Minows catching Carp?

City Slicker

Hey Scott you said wood, but meant would. But in your case it kinda works both ways. So, you kinda covered yourself inadvertanly. smile.gif But if carp is anything like smoked salmon, then whoa I gotta try some.

Good news for all. I think there is going to be a Carp Board. Rick emailed me and ask me if I would like to a monitor. So that is great news!!!! Hey does anyone know how to get to the Cold Springs ****? I went down there today after I got out of class and I could not find the darn thing. Please help cause I am going to go down there with Fishingdm this Saturday.

City Slicker

For now this is the official Carp Site! I have had smoked Carp quite a bit. It is very good if it is done right. I used to shoot them with my bow and my neighbor wood smoke them.ScottS

City Slicker, I don't know how you couldn't find the Dam. If you are coming from St. Cloud on Hwy 23 and you cross a bridge, either one of them, you are within 100 yards of the Dam. The Dam is somewhat broken up and is not like a traditional Dam. Follow the rail road tracks, they cross the river about 30 ft from the Dam. If you can't find it using these direstions ask someone in town.ScottS

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Take 23 to Cold Spring, Take the business/downtown exit(It's a right before you get to town). Just before you get to the concrete bridge there are two places you can park(One on the right and one on the left). Park in the right lot. Walk down next to the train trussel to fish. The dam is 30 yards upstream of the train trussel. Depending how high the water is you can cross the train trussel and walk along the granite company building to fish right at the dam. I'm guessing that the water is too high for that currently though.

Good Luck!

I went there last week and you could walk accross the bridge. The water really isn't that high. The ice hasnt melted too much. So, you shouldn't have a problem walking accross the bridge. To find the dam, just drive into Cold Spring. Then once you get to where the road Ys. Take a right, so you pretty much keep going straight. You'll be on the road that goes to down town Cold Spring now. Then take that to the regular street bridge and there is a parking area on your left. Just park there and look around. Have fun.

So, is anyone going out tomorrow? It's suppose to be a great day out. I think I'm gonna go to the cabin and get my rod, and then get my license. Then I think I'm gonna try it either at the Dam in Cold Spring, or the Dam at SCSU. Whichever appears to have the most action. Does any one know where I can pick up a dozen of crawlers? Thanks.

coleman,
I wish you would have posted that before my bedtime. i want to go bad! Nobody else seems to be too enthusiastic about the carp. I want to go out scouting around pretty soon, so that when shooting season comes around, I'm ready for action. I saw crawlers in the last two bait shops i was in.

Hey everyone, I just got back from fishing at the SCSU dam. I only caught two carp. One was 20+ and the other on was 10+. We had a 15lbs scale and it broke the scale. Quality scale right?
Thats the report for today.

------------------
Kupcho's Guide Service
Upper Red, Winnie, Blackduck Area
http://fishingminnesota.com/blackduck/
Phone:(651) 426-1545
E-mail: [email protected]

I didnt get a chance to get down to the **** this weekend. But I plan on going some time this week, I hope. I heard the **** in Cold Spring is doing pretty good. I saw a lot of people there yesterday. And since today is suppose to be record warmth, I'm sure it will be the same. I might have to skip class today so I can catch some of the rays. smile.gif