• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sauk Center

crappie getter

Is their anyone out there that has fished Suak lake I have heard alot of good things about crappies on this lake is their any size???
Thanks for info!

\
Sauk lake is an excellent crappie lake. Sunnies too. Little sauk ( AKA long bridge )has excellent crappies and large gills.

For decent crappie fising, target the deep hole on the North side of the lake by the Red Barn Resort. These fish are most active at night suspended over deep water (40-55').
A Vexilar or Zercom is a MUST.
Another good spot is off Dutchman's Point.
Again look for the steep droppoffs and fish them suspended.
I have caught some real nice sized crappies out there over the last few years.
I just don't get up there often enough. frown.gif

Skeets

Thanks for the info. guys!!I will have to hit that lake someday soon.I have always heard good reports from that lake!

Remember it's not fishing it's called CATCHING!!! CPR
Keep all 4 tires above the ice!!

ive ice fished sauk lake several times every winter since i was 5. i almost always have had good luck in several locations. dnr reports above average crappie and pike populations. crappies tend to be relatively small 6-8 inches but not uncommon to catch limits. quite a few walleyes have been caught but they seemed to have slown. I fished wednesday from noon to 8:00 pm and caught and released three pike and at least one limit of crappies but i cant say where, fish houses are already too packed together an excellent lake to spend an entire day fishing tipups all morning and moving do a deep hole for the night crappie bite. ive spent at least 40 hours on sauk lake this winter and i will be up there this weekend if i am not fishing red. tight lines!

Who ever set up this page has to change Sauk Center to Sauk Centre!!! I am from that dam town and sauk lake is a huge crappie hole. A guide for central minnesota lakes is Lee A. Olmschenk He has been out for the past week catching his limit in half hour to hour. The key is finding the bigger suspended fish. Sure the ones one to two feet off the bottom are plenty but small. they range from 5 to 8 ounces. THe suspended ones about 4 to five feet ones can range from 7 to 14 ounces. There are really nice ones if you can find them. The best spot is Dutchmans creek in 30 to 45 feet of water. Now there is about 35 or so houses north of that creek. No one is really straight off that creek. Give it one or two cold weeks and there will be 100 or so houses for crappies. Personally 40 feet of water takes too much time to get the line down and then up again. For more fishing tips and secrets give my good friend LEE A. OLMSCHENK a call
1 320 352 5415. He is no bull! IF it isnt the greatest he will say so!

Any idea where on sauk you can catch both walleyes and crappies? I'm going to the in-laws and would like to get out in the evening. Is there a public access on little sauk? Last I heard you had to go through a farmers access or something. Thats where I'm really intrested in fishing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because if the fish are bitting I get to stay on the lake!