• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

zelek

Would anyone care to share what the bite has been like on Little Mac this year??

I see it's a deep lake and have heard that some nice fish are caught at night cranking over the deeper areas. There must be a good cisco population eh??

Does anyone ever find them at night in shallow??

I've got a couple of weeks of vacation left to burn this fall and was just checking out some other lakes. Thanks!

minneman

My personal best walleye 28-1/2" was caught trolling the depths of lil mac. it a great lake to try out your planerboars and run threw your cranks. Sorry I have no current info, but it was late august when I got lucky.
seems that during the day if its calm, you can see the ciscoes topping the water out deep. but usualy its northerns chaseing them.
Id recomend it! good luck if ya go!

Havin' Fun

Give Big Sand a try over by Park Rapids. Worth a nigth drive. Same senario, cranks on planner boards over deep water.

Full moon patterns are most successful. Late fall brings the big dogs shallow on full moon patterns as well in Oct. and Nov!!!

This lake freezes very late!

Polak

If planer boards work, I would assume a guy could use downriggers, am I right? Would like to know as my boat is rigged with downriggers for LOW. Thanks

minneman

I guess ive seen guys use them there, but it seems to me that the fish are in the top 20-25'