• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Beer Lake - Maplewood State Park

Any tips for this lake or the lakes within Maplewood State Park? Going to be there this week-end camping

potsy

what do you plan to fish for?

minneman

beers is a good all around lake for about anything, including muskys, you can use your boat there. bass lake you can catch trout, either fish from shore or rent a boat from the park, corn n crawlers work good. good luck!

Potsy
I'm fishing for ski's, bass and northerns.

Thanks for the tip minneman!

Cicada

Fished Beers last week. Talked to the ladies at the enterance to the park. They said there have been a few follows but very few hook ups lately. I got a small muskie and two decent largemouth bass. The only other muskie I saw came up to check out a loon slapping the water. Kind of cool. Strangely, not one northern. you can throw all the usual muskie baits but I prefer pitching a regular old white spinnerbait up to the shore. You have a chance for bass, northerns and muskies all at once. As for Bass lake. If you rent a boat, try a tiny crayfish crankbait from Rebel. A friend let me in on this and it works great. Just throw it behind the boat and row around.

jcbh

I like a nightcrawler and a small marshmellow for the trout.

Smokey

Personally, I would opt for the marshmallow, and leave the nightcrawler for the trout.

Are you guys serious? Marshmellows?? That means I need to get trout stamps then.

How do you fish for trout? I've never fished for trouts before.

minneman

best bet is using a bobber, 4lb line, gold #12 salmon egg hook, splitshot. the tough part is how deep.

Tackleboss7

Hey I would try this for the trout. It always seems to work for me.. You use small raps (floating, or countdowns) SMALL ones..and put that smelly powerbait scent designed for trout.. And I've also used marshmellows and they do work!!

Got back from Maplewood State Park.. I was skunked the whole week-end

minneman

Bummer..Ya should a been there on Fri!!...jk
how was the camping?

potsy

hi all-
i think the muskies are starting to bite if you catch them on the right day (weather dependent). my brother caught a small one and saw 5 others on the morning of the 18th. another cold front was about to push through if i'm not mistaken. that always makes it better.

potsy

hey guys-
the muskies are biting! i have not fished beers yet this year but i think they should be way up in the shallow/thick cabbage. the water temp is about 64 so i would throw a high riding bucktail or a jerkbait on those weed tops. i was out on battle the night of the 22nd. 3 fish bit and i landed a 34" and a 49". i would try to plan an outing before/during the cold front. the winded areas will be harder to fish but will hold active/hungry fish.
take care and good luck.
potsy

thethinker

Fished Beers last weekend (8/21) and didn't even see a fish...nothing...tried everything we could think of in all sorts of cover - or lack of cover - and saw nothing. Will try it again in about a week.