• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I picked up some information from a resort on Clitherall Lake at a local Sport & Vacation Show last weekend and am wondering if it is a pretty good fishery. From the brochure I got it looks pretty promising, but a lot of times brochures are misleading. May/June would be the time frame for a visit. What could I expect? THanks.

Andy

Clitherall is a wonderful lake, and it is very clear and clean. If you are bringing your own boat, there are a bunch of lakes within 10 miles you can try also.

Clitherall Lake is a very good fishery and a fairly large lake. It has a lot of smallmouth and largemouth bass, walleye, northern, panfish and crappies. I don't fish it as much as I should and it's almost in my back yard.

Clitherall stinks as a fishery.

wink.gif

I should fish it a lot more than I do as well actually. Just too many darn lakes up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Clitherall is clean, cold, deep, and clear. Bit tuff to find the eyes. Excellent Lgmouth bass lake, high numbers of sunfish, bigger crappies, but tough to find
as well. Big Pike come from this lake - plus numbers of decent pike.
Conservationists are experimenting with smallmouth and have built about
15 rock shoals for habitat, count your lucky stars if you catch one
(C&R only). Must fish deep to catch size of any type.

clitherall is an great lake, I have caught several nice eyes and decent crops out of there, just a hard lake to fish being it is so clear,alot of noise makes the difference out hear.

clitherall is a great lake, I have caught several nice eyes and decent crops out of there, just a hard lake to fish being it is so clear,alot of noise makes the difference if you catch fish or not.