• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was out fishing on Sunday evening and ran into a pout feeding frenzy.A friend and I caught 13 of them slimy things.Even had a daily double on them arm wrappers.The best thing about it was the Walleyes were right in thick of things with the pout.We also were one shy of our limit of Walleyes.We let one smaller Walleye go.Had a real good time fishing.The Walleye's ranged from 15-19 inches in length.Average being 17.We were really looking for the perch and never caught one of them.What a blast though.

Rigging Guy, you should be letting those fish go. Those are to big to be keeping. That is why there are nothing but small fish in that lake anymore.. Hope you feel good about yourself Rigging Guy!

That seemed a bit harsh. 15 to 19 inch eyes are too big to keep now?

I could, perhaps, understand a bit of ire if someone is keeping a limit of 19 to 20 inch fish and over.

Rigginy Guy - Congratulations on you great day.

Lunprov-15-19 in inches? Are you saying that the guy should be keeping 12-14-inchers.
Give me a break!
Also, I read your post about all the 2-pound crappies in Norway. First, there are very few of those in any lake, second, thanks alot for bragging it up. It used to be a secret!
Zip, zip, zip it!

ya I went by there on sat to give it a try after reading his post and it looked like a zoo so I didn't try it I like to stay a way from the crowds and it's not a big lake so if you get a bunch of poeple on a small lake like that it can really but a dent in the populatin I do fish the lake in the summer a lot so i do know there is fish in there

No lake is a secret for long, especially at a bait shop (Ben's has tons of pictures of fish from Norway) They are more than willing to give up a tiny secret lake and ruin it. (Clitheralleye better change your name)But it is the fishermen who actually ruin it by keeping, keeping, keeping, keeping, and telling, telling, telling.

Sorry you feel that way LundProV.I am not going to let go every fish I catch.I very rarely keep fish because I hate cleaning them.Just to help calm your nerves a little a 5 pounder eye tastes better then a 2 pounder anyways.I could not resist the joking around.I am very careful on my selection of size.Those fish I took are a good range to take.My limits on size is 19 inches and over go back.15 inches and under go back also.Those are my rules and I do not impose them on anyone else besides my kids.You are free to set your own size as you wish.My daughter caught a 30 1/2 inch Walleye and I thought of letting it go.But she is only 8 years old, so I decided to put it on the wall for her.So I guese I find your comments to be alittle ridiculuos.Did you get the response you were looking for???

I think Mr lundprov needs to stick to teaching children not fishermen. If he thinks people are going to release 15" walleyes he is insane. That is the best size to be keeping and eating. And if you fish otter at all (which I assume you do) you know there are TONS of those in there. I agree that those 17-19 inchers should go back but to each his own. At least he isn't killing the big ones (except for his daughter's big fish)

The winter months must be getting to you guys , listen or read what you are saying, it's all fun!!!!

That's right dodgeman it is all fun. Why not throw in your two cents? Don't you have any opinions on anything? It is all in fun after all, what else is there to do in January?

Everybody needs to relax... I know Rigging Guy very well it was all a joke. Geez talk about going for the throat! I don't care if somebody keeps eighteen, twelve pounders as long as he or she does something useful with them. Last week a guy kept a 31 incher out of West Battle and smoked it! Ya, he smoked it.... When he walked over to my fish house and told me that I almost puked. So everybody keep there long johns on have a little humor... Rigging Guy, stay out of the inside corner! If your there this weekend I'm putting my portable right next to yours!!! By the way "find your own spot" your name sounds like your mentallity!

later

Just thought you guys for going for thr throat, of course I have an opinion, I really don't think keeping a few fish will hurt anything, I keep a few now and then.Didn't mean to get everybody so excited.

Ok guys he is just joking.I know he wont be laughing though when I beat him back to the Pout hole.

Aight men, lemme tell you how to keep a lake secret, i am in highschool which is the hardest place in the world to keep secrets from getting out. for starters we have a select group of guys who go fishing together and are sworn to secrecy, then if people wanna go fishing with us we take them to a more well known spot that isn't so secret, but our real secret spots are only fished by those of us in the group and usually together. All of the lakes we fish we have multiple code names for such as ham lake= pork lake, lard lake, bacon lake, sausage lake, if we are really creative Jimmy Dean Lake smile.gif you get the idea and one of the most important rules we don't tell our parents, cuz parents usually squawk, hope that gives you a laugh and helps ya out some.

[This message has been edited by Dano_the_jigasaurus (edited 01-28-2004).]