• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking for a fishing report on Big Pine. I'm heading up this weekend and wondering if the crappies or walleyes have been biting? Any sugestions on the north end?

Trapdoc, rumor has it that they are getting a few crappies around the n/ne end of the lake, I don't know any details on how and when. I have my permanent house on the west side. Last weekend was slow for walleyes, but we are still catching some. Mostly too small or too big. I can only speak for where we are at, the best time is an hour before dark until however late you want to stay. We fish shallow, 6 to 13 ft. on the shoreline break and use the biggest shiners we can find along with med. to big suckers. You would be surprised how big of minnow a hungry walleye will eat! Fatheads may be ok after dark also. Hope this helps a little. Good luck fishing!
RS
P.S. If you fish shallow for walleyes after dark try to keep light from shining directly down the hole.

They have been getting lots of crappies on the north end in the forty foot hole. You would have to look at a lake map to find it. It's by what they call the cotton woods. It's a group of houses that are all very close together. I have a maroon house out there. Hope this is helpful, they are not as big as years past though.
OTTERMAN

I just got back from Big Pine. I did OK, 6 Walleyes Sat. between 5:10 and 6:30. The bad part was they were all 10" to 14". No keepers. Sun. Morn was cold and only one missed fish on the rattle wheel. I was on the north west side in 14ft. near the top of a sharp break. The perch I caught were all small as well. Do you catch any Jumbos out there? This summer I caught some 10"-12" Thanks for your info guys.

Don't fish the perch on the breaks. Look for them out on the mud flats. There is a pretty big stretch of water that's about 30-35 feet. Find the bottom of the breaks and start there. You might even find some real nice eyes out there. I've found the bigger fish out a bit deeper.

I've always wondered what you could do out there in the summer with a down rigger and some cranks.

Mud flats on Big Pine? I have a friend who bought a cabin there about 2 years ago and have just started to fish the lake. I don't know of any deep water mud flats. Is there a mud line at the bottom of the break? I have fished mud lines on Mille Lacs and done very well for perch and walleye. Is that what your talking about?

Yes!

Better areas are on the north end. After the breaklines, the bottom flattens out at 30-35 feet. Start there.
If you have a vex, you might pick up some crappies too.

I'm heading back up this weekend. I see from the reports they have been biting well on OT. How about Big Pine? I'm going to try deeper and see if the size improves for me. Is anyone else doing well and at what depth?