• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Fishing Fergus Area?? Rental Houses??

I was wondering if anyone knows of a person or resort who rents houses for ice fishing as well as a cabin to stay in. We have a group of 8-15 guys who make an annual trip "up north". We have tried Upper Red, Mille Lacs, Little Winnie, & Lake of the Woods in the past and are looking for a new area to try. We are looking for a good perch/walleye/crappie lake. Any place where there's a decent shot at some steady action. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Dave,
Give anglers marine a call in ottertail, they have a house to accomidate your gang off the water right next to the bait shop. Meister guide service and walleyehunters guide service are running houses on the tail in the winter, they should be able to fit you all in..
Anglers Marine (218) 367-3474, they will have ross and toms numbers there too, I dont have them handy... Have fun!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Any idea when the best time to book is? We like beer, but it gets aweful boring if you only catch 5 fish all day. We would be very happy to get into a mess of perch. What do you generally catch on Ottertail? Thanks for any help!

The perchin can be good on ottertail but overlooked because of the walleye population. Find a nice still green weededge with a dropoff handy, least thats how it generally works for me. Walleye fishing is best at primetimes, morning/evening, spend the daytime perchin if the walleyes slow up, all this is subject to change with the weather...fishin is fishin, some days your the dog, other days your the hydrant... Good luck guys.. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425

• 2 weeks later...

Another try would be contacting the Battlelake Motel. Jim had rental houses on both ottertail and W battle in the past.

Uncle Dave,

Three Seasons Lodge on the west end of Otter Tail Lake has a 3-bedroom cabin that has accomodated groups as large as yours. Last Year 2 bowling teams from Iowa had great Perch success the first week in February.

Like Paul said you can rent houses from the guides Ross & Tom, bring your own portables, or do both.

Three Seasons doesn't have their own houses, but probably will in the near future.

------------------
Paul Ness
Three Seasons Lodge on Otter Tail Lake

Paul,

We usually don't tell guys about the first drop until they have ventured all over the lake, then they come back and nail'm.

Our docks & Lifts came out over the weekend. Open Water Fishing is still great, but I am itching to pull my new little popup out to that first drop and sit on the ice!

------------------
Paul Ness
Three Seasons Lodge on Otter Tail Lake

I did about the same thing here yesterday, tucked the big boat away for the winter. Going to fish by myself out of my old 14 ft crestliner with three horse johnson and oars till ice up, now I'll look just like any old codger and unrecognizeable, heheh, look at that crappy old boat! he dont have a clue.. If I had a dollar for every walleye thats been over the side of that boat, ufffdaaaa..... Paul.

------------------
Paul Rohweller
218-962-3387
N.P.A.A. 425

• 3 weeks later...

Ya if you call, 1-218-367-3494, and Ask for Tom
He is my dad.
We rent out houses and last year we had a group of like 23 people and it was a nice day
it is best to book in at least a weeks advance and we have 3 different sizes of house
8X8, 10X8, and our house which my dad hasn't decided if we are renting out yet.

We have done wonderful everyyear on the perch in like 44 ft. out in frount of the Riveria Ranch Access.

So if you were to want the best time i would say the week right after christmas or right after New Years becuz they seem to be the hot times of the year.

Josh Johnson

whgservice.mysite.freeserve.com