• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

muskie opener is just around the corner. anyone go tany hot tips for early season.

Hey there bucktail, you new around this site?? Sometimes i like to buzz small bucktails in the shallys from large skunges. Thinking bout hitting Battle for the Opener what ya got?

I've fished Battle only once and had one nice fallow. Where are some locations one the lake. I'm from s.w. minnesota and get to fish muskies about 5 times a year. The east end of the lake seems to me that would be the best. Maybe not though.

fishin4fun I have fished that lake religiously for the last 6 summers. I know quite a few spots, its a huge lake. I am guiding out there this summer.

currdogg. Keep the baits small and the presentations slow early on. Fish are pretty lethargic after the spawn, but they are hungry!!! Boated my biggest muskie ever on opener.

Good Call bucktail, i believe i witnessed that large catch of yours. And a dandy it was.

I have heard of small skies comin out of bull rushes. maybe if its a sunny day they would be up in there soakin in the heat. you will have to try it opener.

I was thinking of maybe even trying it up in the shallows towards the rushes, i read an article where in fisherman was pulling hogs out of 2 to 4 feet of water on a sunny day early in the year. Can it be done on west battle is the question????? Dont worry about it. TIghtLines