• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've caught a few on Battle, but nothing too exciting. Nice fish, but one here and there. I'm still searching around.

ProV- is this a day bite on Rush or primarily sunrise/sunset?

seems like the rush lake bite is all day long. pretty sure i might head up there when the tulibee's quit biting on sunday and try to pound some sunnies and crappies.

last time i was out on rush was a couple years ago, but we got some real nice sunnies and crappies. also caught some really nice largemouth bass. we didnt get there till later in the morning, but we caught fish all afternoon and into the evening.

say does anyone have a report on some crappie hot spots in the area..or gills?? got some old buddies coming up from Iowa.. and want to get them on some good fishing...thanks for any reports...

We went to Rush, Big Pine and a smaller lake and had no luck. Can't get on Rice there is a big snow drift across the road.

[This message has been edited by beartoo (edited 02-28-2003).]

right out from the river on the west?? end.

i beleive that river is on the west end. just go out to the group of people i can almost gaurantee that there will be guys out there!!

hey thanks guys...been hearing good things about Rush too.. my buddies are coming up on the 6th so will hit Rush on Friday morning...can you drive out on the lake from the boat ramp off hwy 78 or is that ice too thin there?

Its march and that means its time for panfish. It hopefully will warm up soon. Has anyone found the sunnies biting yet in the area. We got some on dead a couple days ago but other than that not much here.

I was just on Rush today. We did really well at around 4 blush.gifo till 5 blush.gifo on the southern part of the lake. We went out from the south eastern access and went straight out from the access in about 9 ft. of water. WE caught a few nice gills but some were small. They were about a foot off the bottom. The guy in Perham where we got bait said to go on the north part of the lake but we couldn't find a place to get on at. The access by road 78 was wide open. Nobody was out there. Not a bad day to fish after work. good luck Kooba

A buddy and I were on Rush on Saturday and caught a bunch (maybe 30) of sunfish, 4 nice largemouth and a sucker. About 11' of water on a weed edge is where we found fish. We were on the southern-middle side of the lake, just drove until "this looks good" type deal. We had never fished the lake before.
Of course, the bass were out of season, but I love CPR bass anyday!

I would like to try it again this weekend. Anyone heading that way for some fishing this weekend?

My buddy and I are going on Friday morning .. I heard they are biting just off the open water on Highway 78..just where is the south entrance?? only know of the ramp on highway 14 and 78?? we were thinking of just walking out from 78 but would rather drive out.. lazy I guess.. LOL might go back on Sat if they are biting...look for for a dark blue Dodge Dakato

There is an access on the north side of the lake just off of 14. Look for the sign Rush lake. There is no public access sign. Good Luck!

You can access off of the Hwy 78 public access on the SW corner of the lake, but only by foot or ATV/snowmobile. We accessed with ATV. People were flocking the area near the river mouth and doing well. We just decided to try something away from the crowds.

There's an access on the SE side??? Private access or what?

no idea. i know that we drove off the west end when we came out by the river. we went up a few hundred yards from the river mouth, and there was a landing there that we came over right in front of the river with our trucks. but that was like 3 or 4 years ago. theres plenty of ice, as long as you keep a decent distance from the open water, everything should be fine.

Crappies are getting more agressive each day. Buddy of mine and myself got 15 last night. Most were 11-13". Very fat fish. ONLY 2 had eggs in them. Look deeper. We were in 30-35 feet and found the fish suspended about 15 feet. Best bite is from 5:30-7:00.

come on boys.. crappies?? those stinky little devils, might as well be fishing for tulibees. i find crappies mostly unedible. too oily. put them in the smoker right next to the tulibees.

On the south east side the only place to get on is Rush lake tent and trailer. My camper sits there year round. They close in the winter and I dont know if they clean out the access. You could always call them tho and ask, they are really nice people.

WHAT?
first time I heard of someone not liking crappie, if you like fish, you gotta like crappie,
heh, heh,
each to his own i guess,
heck I even eat bass, and i know most dont.