• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

fishing advice 3-4 weeks from now

I'll be in the Ottertail area (staying on Clitherall Lake) beginning June 7 for a week. Sounds like you guys are having a slow warm-up this spring. Any general fishing advice assuming this cool trend continues? We are not fussy about what we fish for, as long as it is edible and fun to catch. I've been coming up to the area for eight years now and one thing I've never been able to get into is a nice bunch of perch. Never caught a perch over about five or six inches long up there, although we always do quite well on the other major species. Any advice of any kind appreciated!!

Gissert

You can get into some nice bluegills on Clitherall on the southern tip of the western lobe. Fish up against the bullrushes and cat tails. Sometimes they will be near the gravel road there. The water is pretty high right now, so you might be able to catch some 'gills in the back waters connected to that western lobe.

Smallmouth can be a fun catch and release option also. Look at the rocky bars and reefs off of the point that seperates the western and southern lobes. My brother really got into to them one day last June. The gobbled up all his minnows in a few hours.

The water is really clear again, so walleyes will probably tend to be a dawn and dusk operation for the best results.