• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Man, I need a FIX!
Still 19 more to go and I got it bad!
I need that BIG FIX! Fresh walleye!

Come on boys, help me..I'm a junkie!

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

Guideman, a lot of time left to get all of the tackle ready. Maybe one jig is left unsharpened. Finding it should take up, maybe and hour...

Try this for fun practice. While the boat is in the garage, take out the UltraLight and tie on a small jig and cut off the hook. While sitting in the boat, cast at various things in the garage for points, like a can of WD40, toolbox, a hammer, etc. Watch out for the roof trusses! It really gets interesting with your fishing buddy and a 12 pack. Points deducted for broken items.

Then after an hour, (or all the beer is gone), fry up some walleye fillets that were bought from the grocery store.

Not the same as realy fishing, or fresh walleye, but fun casting and cooking practice.

Rob

Hi All,
I Have a way to help get ready for the
walleye opener. If you live in the area
or plan on coming up early to get ready
for the season.

On Wednesday May 8th, at 7:00 pm at the
Sawmill Bar in Virginia. (upstairs)

The Arrowhead Chapter is having our May
meeting and Vermilion's top walleye man Cliff Wagenbach is doing a presentation
on "Early season tactics for walleye's"
If you fish walleye on Vermilion, you
don't want to miss this. In my opinion,
Cliff is the best walleye guide on the
Big "V", so come and listen to what he has to say. smile.gif

It's open to the public, there will be drawings for prizes and you can buy a ticket for the BIG DRAWING!! for $2.00.

Adult beverages are available! smile.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com

I wish I could make it up there for every meeting -- especially this one. A 3 1/2 hour drive after work, just doesn't allow for it. But on the other side -- if the Big V was closer to the cities, it would have been "ruined" along time ago. Hope you have a good meeting, and raise some money for your chapter.

Steve

I also wish I could make it to the meeting. It is also too far for me. I wish I could justify getting a room for the night. Sounds fun though!!!

This meeting sounds like the goods but unfortunately I wont be able to make it personally, maybe you guys could fix it so we could view the seminar on the web.

CJ

Hey Guideman -
Head down to Pool 4 on the Mississippi. I'll bet there are guides on Pool 4 that would love to trade a few hours on Vermillion for a few on the Mississippi. No need to wait for May 11.

I am thinking hard about getting a room for the night and going to the meeting. I have finals the week after, so I could get some studying done. Any suggestions on how I could make this sound more attractive to my girl-friend. She would be my driving and lodging companion! Maybe you could take a few minutes and discuss shopping or something on the lines of that. No offence to any female fisherpeople, she just happens to like shopping more than fishing.

Hey, Scotteye, this is your chance to validate your relationship with this lady! Tell her she gets to meet two (or more) of the top guides on Lake Vermilion, she can vist the Hockey Hall of Fame nearby in Eveleth, and if she's extra nice you'll take her to watch submarine races in an abandoned iron mine.

If she's not turned on by all this opportunity, what the heck are you hanging around with her for anyhow?

(Just kidding -- been there too!)

Hans

Hey CJ,
I'm going to look in to the possibility
of a "Web Cam" at the seminar. I will get back to you, as soon as I find out.

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com

Here you go Scotteye,

The Guides will have a segment on what lures, boats and electronics to buy. They will focus on what to look for when making that all important purchase.

Ask anyone shopping for shoes is like buying lures, got to have one for every occasion. And 2 or more tackle boxes would be the equivalent of that extra purse. Besides you wouldn't be caught dead on the water without that new St Croix rod.

Ladies of the group I can't take my wife to Cabela's without her picking up her favorite lure cause it's cute. Besides did you ever notice where they place the women's clothing section in the store smile.gif

See it's all about shopping wink.gif

PS guideman Wis fishing season opens this Saturday only an hour 1/2 to the state line wink.gif See you in July.
------------------
Good Fishing

Bob

[This message has been edited by BD (edited 05-03-2002).]

Hi Guys,
Sorry, no webcam for the seminars this wednesday, you'll have to be there. frown.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com

Guideman hey Guideman.... you still with us? Just think only 39 more hours to go and that 20 lber will be tuging the line...

BTW us poor souls in the south would like to hear how the clinic went last night?

Yep I can smell it now fresh walleye at the guideman's house for breakfast wink.gif

------------------
Good Fishing

Bob

Hey BD,
I think I'm going to make it! smile.gif

Cliff's seminar last night on walleyes
was excellent. He talked for well over
an hour and covered all the aspects of
rigging for walleyes on Vermilion. smile.gif

He answered everyones questions and did
some demonstrations on how to tie rigs
for lindy's and spinners. We had a real
good turnout considering the weather.

We also enjoyed Scott's presentation on
fishing surface baits for muskie's. He
also gave away a bunch of his Slam'er
Topwater baits, and demonstated how to
properly use them for the best results.

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com

Did anyone tape Cliff's presentation at the meeting about walleye rigging? Is the tape available to other MI chapters?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,
My opener was the best of times and the
worst of times. My clients and I caught
11 walleyes in Pike bay on Saturday and my son had to take me to the ER in the afternoon.

I just got home after 2 1/2 days in the hospital. Seems a little bacteria tried
to make a home in my abdomen. After a
few IV's of antibiotics my doctor gave me the OK and I was released back into
the population.
I'll be at home for a day or 2 but then
it's back on the water... smile.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
aceguideservice.com

sorry to hear that guideman,that happens to me too, the night before opener i get so excited i drink way too much beer.never had to go to the hospital though! lol. get better soon. dave

Hey Terry,

Hope it was nothing that will keep you off the water long term.

By way of news, we've negotiated a season-long parking spot for our RV, so will be on the lake a lot this summer.

Hope to spend some time learning more about the water east of Oak narrows -- on my map that's mostly marked "dragons be here".

Set the hook!

Hans