• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

hi all,well its been awhile since i talked to you guys.been real busy in the woodshop making stuff for the new cabin. was wondering about a hatchery in pike bay. can any joe blow go down and check out what they do? where is it and when are they there doin thier thing? ice out 2nd week in may? thats brutal! oh yeah,what weekend are we going to get together for beer and brats at toms place! thanks, dave;0

Hi Dave,
I talked to the local DNR chief a few days ago. He said they had been there to check it out but there is to much ice on the river to get started.

You can walk down and watch them take fish from the nets and the will give you a tour of the facility if you ask.

The way the weather has been I wouldn't
expect them to get started, for a few weeks yet.

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

Dave
Definetly ask for a tour, ask lots of questions, these guys know there stuff, really intresting, plus looking at the hogs in the pens, is really cool.

Go down 77 take a right, right after the river.
Guideman is there nieghbor so I'm sure he will post when the run is on.

thanks guys,brenda & i are definitley interested in a tour. are they there on the weekends? keep me posted ace sure would hate to miss it. thanks. dave ps.how in the heck do you put those smiley faces down by your words? computer illiterate dave.

Dave, click on faq between "preferences" and "search" then click on "How can I use smilies".

I hope to get to the hatchery for a tour this year, maybe see you there.

Rob

Hi guys,
I live right across the river from the hatchery and will try to keep you updated on the walleye run.
It should start around the middle of April or maybe a little later.
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
CliffsGuideService-LakeVermilion.com
Lake Vermilion
Phone: (218) 753-2005

Brats!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Hope we can do it, well I mean pull it off.
I will figure something out.
Sometime in July would be great.
But feel free to stop by the Island any time, or with in reason!
LOL
Would be fun to have a good old BBQ and shoot the crap.
Nice to put some faces on these handles also.
Time will tell.
Don't forget to get a few buckets of suckers for the smaker Dave.
smile.gif

Tom

www.muskytomsguideservice.com

So whats the biggest walleye that the hatchery has seen, has anybody heard of or witnessed a real piggy.

Hi krash,
I saw one a few years ago in the 13 to 15lb range, she was a real fatty. smile.gif

------------------
Terry Sjoberg
Ace guide service.
Beautiful Lake Vermilion.
aceguideservice.com

I saw 2 mature eagles and 3 immature eagles watching the little bit of open water in front of the hatchery and my house yesterday.
Hope that is a good sign that they think some kind of fish will be running soon!
They might be after the golden eyes or megansers that showed up a couple of days ago too.
Goog fishing!! SOON I HOPE!!!!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
Lake Vermilion

Wait till you see all of those waleye eggs in the building at the hatchery...pretty cool....Cliff , have you seen that huuuuge osprey by your place? Seen it fighting two ravens and an eagle yesterday...sink ice sink !!

------------------

Garys Guide Service
[email protected]
218-744-3158

Hi Gary,
No I haven't seen the osprey yet.
Are you sure that wasn't one of the immature eagles? They kind of look like a HUGE osprey.
They were probably fighting over the crappie
guts I put on the ice for them. They clean them all up in about one hour every time.
MELT MELT MELT!!!!!!!!!!
Cliff

------------------
Cliff's Guide Service
Lake Vermilion